Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super accurate load for the Optic Ready Shadow 2

MsDV8

Up until today I’d been running Campro 147’s with Vihtavuori N320 through my non-optic ready Shadow 2.  I discovered that the Optic Ready isn’t loving that combination quite as much, but it sure does love the 124’s.  Making a switch in my reloading as soon as I’ve shot through the 147’s reloads.

5 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

Why would adding a optic effect accuracy?  Adding optic isn’t that just a sighting system?  Yeah weight is added to the rear but I don’t understand why accuracy would change?

Lightening cuts had been made in the slide so its essentially is a different gun compared to the non-Optic ready shadow 2. 

5 hours ago, George16 said:

Lightening cuts had been made in the slide so its essentially is a different gun compared to the non-Optic ready shadow 2. 

The OR shadow 2 that is not available in the US doesn't have lightening cuts like we do to make a shadow 2 CO legal in the US

15 hours ago, George16 said:

Lightening cuts have not been made in the slide, no different really than the Shadow 2, BUT, the slide is bulkier, it’s a lot easier to rack than the non-optic, I find anyways.  I just can’t see myself shooting the non-optic anymore, it’s crazy how good that gun is.

5 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd try that again, from a solid bench rest, slowly at 25 yards.

12 yards is a bit close for such an accurate gun (Okay for a KelTec P-11),

and accuracy of a load is best determined by slow, bench rest shooting.    IMHO   :) 

I’ll give that a try as well with my prior favorite match ammo ( Vihtavuori N320 3.5gn with Campro 147gn)

I did use a bench rest when sighting in the gun, but I was using 147gn 231’s.  I repeated the shooting several times between the 147gn and the 124gn and the 124gn was consistent groupings, whereas the 147s were a bit more diffuse.  Because I’m shooting the gun standing up and not sitting, I’m pretty confident with the recipe I have for the  optic ready Shadow 2 and will probably switch to that for the non-optic Shadow 2 if I ever shoot iron sights again 😜