Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 must have spare parts list

Bravo_Victor

So ive been shooting a Czechmate for some time now and have my set of spare parts and pieces i bring to all matches but I have an Akai 2011 Open gun thats almost ready and i was wonder what you guys recommend for must have spare parts or even tools. Thanks

An extra recoil spring & a couple extra magazine springs/followers. An extra battery for your red dot. And if you can afford it, an extra pistol. Also make sure your grip screws are tight before each match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from a 2nd gun, grip screw and nut, safety, slide stop, battery and Allen wrenches for all screws on gun(and your rig). 

That is all I carry but would most likely go to 2nd gun if something happened. 

Edited by echotango

20 minutes ago, echotango said:

Forgot as stated above, aftec springs and cap. 

How can you tell if the aftec springs are in need of replacing? I've had the original ones in there for the past few years and so many rounds its not possible to keep track. 

2 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

A second identical gun wont come anytime soon considering it has every bell and whistle he can do the gun. My wallet simply wont allow it right now lol. I’ll def look into the other suggestions. 

I don't have an identical 2nd gun but I have one I can shoot equally (or very close to) as well. Just say'in. 

12 minutes ago, louu said:

How can you tell if the aftec springs are in need of replacing? I've had the original ones in there for the past few years and so many rounds its not possible to keep track. 

They seem to last a long time. I keep new ones on hand and just compare them when I clean. If they are really short I change them

1 hour ago, louu said:

I have had a spring break once. It will then fte occasionally. I knew something is wrong. Replaced it and back on track. I know change them more often. 

11 hours ago, Sarge said:

They seem to last a long time. I keep new ones on hand and just compare them when I clean. If they are really short I change them

9 hours ago, echotango said:

I have had a spring break once. It will then fte occasionally. I knew something is wrong. Replaced it and back on track. I know change them more often. 

Thanks guys I'll change them next cleaning (probably today) 

Extra batteries for the red dot. 

I carry my (old) backup. Needed it once in 3 years average 3 matches a month. It's hardly worth the trouble but I probably will still bring it as all the matches are a 125 mile drive each way. I wouldn't work on it at a local match, just take it home and fix it. Factory STi GM

Major match probably a different story, but there (used to be) supplies and gunsmiths there. 

On 3/31/2019 at 2:35 AM, drewbeck said:

The cups are most prone to breaking and then the extractor itself.

i have this onhand and a backup gun if the frame, barrel, or slide cracks.

633AAA36-7478-4910-9E67-0DA15FED16F3.jpeg

I like this. A lil much for some but great to have.  Mine is close to this.

I like this. A lil much for some but great to have.  Mine is close to this.

I agree, this is more of a box of parts that wear and eventually need replacing vs an emergency repair kit but it’s a small enough box that it really doesn’t matter to me that I’m carrying the extra stuff

It’s also good to carry spares of things that you’re likely to lose if disassembly in a windy, rocky, safety area when in a hurry.

Pin sets, springs, etc may not be a part that breaks all the time but finding a plunger spring in a weed patch makes it worth carrying an extra whenever I’m shooting.