Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking at chest rigs.

I have the Invictus 20 round chest rig, works great for what I need it for but I couldn't possibly fit a larger capacity rig on my person. 

Are you wanting a chest rig for the occasional huge round count shotgun stage or for primary loading use? I ask because depending on your build you might not be happy with using it as a primary system. Without a bit of a belly you'll be pushing out hard on your diaphragm to keep it in place till the end of a stage. It really is exhausting.

I have the Invictus 20 round chest rig, works great for what I need it for but I couldn't possibly fit a larger capacity rig on my person. 
Are you wanting a chest rig for the occasional huge round count shotgun stage or for primary loading use? I ask because depending on your build you might not be happy with using it as a primary system. Without a bit of a belly you'll be pushing out hard on your diaphragm to keep it in place till the end of a stage. It really is exhausting.

I like to have options. I’m new to shotguns and I’m really struggling weak hand loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also looking for one of these. I’ve seen the King ones and they are incredible but good gosh they are high. Not sure if “you get what you pay for” justifies those. Especially if you go with a premium belt like Hayes sells!!

17 minutes ago, mattmann said:

I’m also looking for one of these. I’ve seen the King ones and they are incredible but good gosh they are high. Not sure if “you get what you pay for” justifies those. Especially if you go with a premium belt like Hayes sells!!

Well that European stuff is next level. The Invictus gear is well thought out and durable at more than half the price of King. Taccom is simpler and utilitarian at half again. 

Just watch the classifieds, guys get divorced or their wives become pregnant all the time and be a good neighbor and help them out by buying their gear for pennies on the dollar lol. 

20 hours ago, reballz said:

I like to have options. I’m new to shotguns and I’m really struggling weak hand loading.

Not in any way trying to be a dick but going from belt to chest isn't going to solve any loading technique issues.

Not in any way trying to be a dick but going from belt to chest isn't going to solve any loading technique issues.

I would think it would make them worse getting in the way and everything. That’s a lot of crap in the way while moving arms and hands loading. I’m sure like everything it can be trained around.

I used a wider, stiffer velcro weight belt. I mounted the Invictus load 4 modules straight to it. I marked holes and burnt through the belt with soldering iron. Made perfect holes for the screws/nuts I purchased to assemble it. I also used two Taccom load 4 modules. For 20 total. It's works perfect and I am really happy with it. I feel it stays where it is supposed to way better than the simple slick nylon webbing.

I use this with two of the Invictus 2.8's on my belt (on als clips) and that seems to cover any 3gun match I have attended.

Buddy modeling it:

800678442_ScreenShot2019-04-01at3_13_16PM.thumb.png.1a3926b9b088ceda8f54a62aa22dcd53.png

IMG_4210.thumb.JPG.c19a0adefcdfd86fc1f7280cc6996453.JPG

For me, everyone is different, the angle I set the shells at to load strong hand, makes it super awkward weak hand. Just want to explore options.

I use a Taccom when needed, but I hardly ever use it. If I were to be using it as my main caddies instead of belt mounted caddies I would either get a Carbon Arms or Invictus set up.

• 2 months later...

I use two belt caddies- AP custom 2L/6- which use fits most stages including what is in the gun. Sometimes I attach a 4X4 to the belt if needed. For huge stages I use a chest rig - Condor?- which greatly increases the rounds carried but it is cumbersome depending upon how you have to move.

DTV.Qx28

On 3/30/2019 at 2:51 AM, SeattleDude said:

I have DTV.Qx28 and its pretty wide.

http://www.invictuspractical.com/deturk-vest.html

If I was going to do it again I would go with DTV.Qx20-lite

http://www.invictuspractical.com/deturk-vest-lite.html

I will second that, the 28 is very wide and I would get the 20 lite, if buying again. I may just order the 20 lite back plate or make one.

I took one set off each end of the 28 and that is better but I think the 20 lite, which has a smaller back plate would fit the best.

The deTurk 20 lite is hands down the best ive used. I am a smaller build and with just a simple neck strap it stays put on my chest for heavy shotgun stages even when running. My only complaint is I tend to share it alot and I am the only one who paid for it....but it was worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wasn't happy with most choices out there so I put this one together. I didn't actually make it. I had the harness made just to my specs and mounted the Kings shell holder to it. It will accommodate just about any shell holder, and is very comfortable and secure.

IMG_9326.jpg

• 3 weeks later...