Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot sugestions

phique2000

Thanks for all the great replies.

I have one more question before I go ahead with this project.

Has anyone set up a red dot by using a mount that fits into the rear sight dovetail?  Are they durable?  Do they hold zero?

If I do this I'll be using the Galloway on a Ruger SR-9.

Thanks again

On 4/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, RangerTrace said:

I just put a Venom on a Ruger Mark IV Lite.  I think it will hold up for that application.  For slide ride beatings, I think RMR is as tough as they come.

I've been debating doing the exact same thing for my RFPO 22/45 mk3. Currently I'm running a CMORE slideride on the allchin mount. Allchin makes the dovetail mount that will fit several brands. Only reason is to lighten the gun. It's already a LITE model. My concern is the brightness of the 6moa. I love the 8 moa dot on the CMORE.  

I've looked at a venom 2x, both were 6moa. Once at a match and once in the gun store. At the match it looked like a pin prick and I was disgusted with how small it was on max brightness and not a clear circle. At the gun store the 6 moa looked amazing. Clear, large, circular dot. Maybe the one I viewed outside had a weak battery or the difference outside is just that big?? I wasn't even standing in direct sunlight.

So how have you liked it so far?