Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Czgunsalot

Red Hill tactical holster

Recommended Posts

Red Hill tactical holster

I’m just curious what is so great about Redhill holts that is what everybody recommends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can pretty much make a holster for any gun/option you have, they are Double layered (very solid,no flex), lots of inner layer color choices, lots of outer layer color/graphic choices, options for nitro fin, options for frame weights, many retention options, many mounting options, they support our sport, ect.... I could probably think of more but im at work making money so i can afford another RHT holster!!! 😁😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used two other brands that were good. But since I switched to them this is all I use now. For the price with all of the options and quality workmanship to me you can’t beat them, also always delivered on or before date promised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T-Free said:

They can pretty much make a holster for any gun/option you have, they are Double layered (very solid,no flex), lots of inner layer color choices, lots of outer layer color/graphic choices, options for nitro fin, options for frame weights, many retention options, many mounting options, they support our sport, ect.... I could probably think of more but im at work making money so i can afford another RHT holster!!! 😁😜

 

37 minutes ago, Kilrb said:

I have used two other brands that were good. But since I switched to them this is all I use now. For the price with all of the options and quality workmanship to me you can’t beat them, also always delivered on or before date promised.

 

Thank you for your guys input.  I wish Redhill could read these comments. I’m going to have to go for it and give them a try.  On that note do you guys have a discount code LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, Czgunsalot said:

 

 

Thank you for your guys input.  I wish Redhill could read these comments. I’m going to have to go for it and give them a try.  On that note do you guys have a discount code LOL

Bob is on here, I'm sure he sees them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're sturdy and smooth. They have good retention but once you start drawing there's no resistance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have six of them for various guns.  The only downside I've found is that the red kydex they use seems to be a little soft.  My Single Stack holster is red on the inside, and my pistol takes shavings of it every time I draw.  It's a hell of a mess after a match.  No problem with any other holster, and this is really just nit picking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have one for my xcarry and love it. Partly because it’s so cool looking and partly because it’s so slick. Holds the gun fine but let’s it go easy when drawing. It’s a little far off the hip for idpa but for casual matches it’s no big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Hill tactical holster
I’m just curious what is so great about Redhill holts that is what everybody recommends


I choose them specifically for the double layer models. It’s ultra stiff, and when paired with a good hanger there’s no snag. The front cut height is perfect for getting the muzzle out as quickly as possible, yet enough to positively retain the gun. Can easily match the speed of a race holster, and in my case I exceed it. They inspire confidence in a hard and fast presentation to a target. Best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my first one in today. I have to say its impressive how rigid, smooth, and quality it is. I'll be a customer next time I need something for sure, very well built. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not know anything about Red Hill Tactical holsters until I read it on this site when I purchased my Sig P320.  I have since ordered two holster and mag pouches from them.  Everything I have received from them has been very high quality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 double layers. 1 Atlas Titan and just got a 1911 holster.  Great quality but he must be very popular bc it takes right at 30 days.  As advertised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sturdy holsters but the couple I've had needed a heat gun and dremel to get them where I prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The double layer is what does it for me. They are just solid holsters. I have others that feel more refined, but I prefer the RHT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be one of the few that doesn't like their holster.  Granted, I only have experience with a single holster for a 5" 2011 but the fit was horrible.  I tried to return it but after the whole restocking fee and shipping brick wall I just threw it in the drawer with the other misfit holsters.  I choose Weber Tactical but I fully understand that opinions and experiences can vary and holsers/mag pouches can be a personal thing.

 

And I believe USPSA gives you 10% off as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wixthedog said:

I must be one of the few that doesn't like their holster.  Granted, I only have experience with a single holster for a 5" 2011 but the fit was horrible.  I tried to return it but after the whole restocking fee and shipping brick wall I just threw it in the drawer with the other misfit holsters.  I choose Weber Tactical but I fully understand that opinions and experiences can vary and holsers/mag pouches can be a personal thing.

 

And I believe USPSA gives you 10% off as well.

I'm not fan boy either.

I've had two neither fit correctly and rocked in the holster like a rocking horse.

That was when I had the holster in my hand and the gun inserted so it wasn't a loose mount etc.

Even when it was tightened up so you couldn't pull the gun out , the gun rocked front to back

A Tanfo and 1911 holster.

I sold both to fan boys and they seem happy  and so was I.

Glad they're working out for others though.

And I do appreciate RHT supporting uspsa matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, wixthedog said:

I must be one of the few that doesn't like their holster.  Granted, I only have experience with a single holster for a 5" 2011 but the fit was horrible.  I tried to return it but after the whole restocking fee and shipping brick wall I just threw it in the drawer with the other misfit holsters.  I choose Weber Tactical but I fully understand that opinions and experiences can vary and holsers/mag pouches can be a personal thing.

 

And I believe USPSA gives you 10% off as well.

 

what advantages does Weber offer?  (not trying to bag on either manufacturer, and you're someone that has handled them both).  

 

I like the idea of the RHT with the lower ejection port cut, where Weber does not seem to have that feature.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, wixthedog said:

I must be one of the few that doesn't like their holster.  Granted, I only have experience with a single holster for a 5" 2011 but the fit was horrible.  I tried to return it but after the whole restocking fee and shipping brick wall I just threw it in the drawer with the other misfit holsters.  I choose Weber Tactical but I fully understand that opinions and experiences can vary and holsers/mag pouches can be a personal thing.

 

And I believe USPSA gives you 10% off as well.

I just got one for my STI DVC LTD.  I was very excited t9 get it as I’ve heard such great things.  Mine is so tight I can’t draw it out unless I remove the bottoms screw and loosen the top two right off.  Still tighter than I like.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this Bob?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 4:05 AM, XDoctor said:

I have six of them for various guns.  The only downside I've found is that the red kydex they use seems to be a little soft.  My Single Stack holster is red on the inside, and my pistol takes shavings of it every time I draw.  It's a hell of a mess after a match.  No problem with any other holster, and this is really just nit picking.


Same here. I have one that is red inside for my P320 and by the end of the match I have a red racing stripe on the top right edge of my slide.  Doesn’t hurt the finish of the gun from what I’ve seen but it is strange looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Deleted

 

 

Edited by zhunter
To delete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a redhill for my P320rx which Im currently using (Thanks Carry Optics class!)

Had a weber made for my CZ Checkmate. 

 

weber went into the "box of bad decisions"

Redhill is on my belt and used, would buy again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a RHT that I used in production and CO, and it converted me to the benefits of the stiff double layer. All the singe layer kydex holsters were unceremoniously dumped.

Never tried Weber, but I have tried GX and they are great holsters as well.

 

It seems we all have a box of unloved equipment - I thought I was the only one who bought stuff fast, hated it, and then kept it around to mock my poor decision making

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...