Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Brings Back the 10mm Model 610 Revolver

Tampa-XD45

2 hours ago, Gomar83 said:

AWESOME!!! Well if that’s the case the 627 might have to wait a long longer because I want a 610!

Nooooo! You were so close to converting to the dark side!

On the other hand, I guess you could always load it with hot rod 10mm major loads to really make a splash.

I have one of the original 6 1/2” 610 10mm. I bought it after the first run came out and people were scrambling to get them. Then the interest in them bottomed out and you could pick them up for a little of nothing. I don’t want you all to feel bad 😁 but when I got my 6 1/2 and 5” I paid $275 each. I still have the 6 1/2 but the 5” is long gone as somebody made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. 

10 hours ago, revoman said:

I have one of the original 6 1/2” 610 10mm. I bought it after the first run came out and people were scrambling to get them. Then the interest in them bottomed out and you could pick them up for a little of nothing. I don’t want you all to feel bad 😁 but when I got my 6 1/2 and 5” I paid $275 each. I still have the 6 1/2 but the 5” is long gone as somebody made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. 

His first name wouldn't happen to have been Vito would it?

12 hours ago, revoman said:

I have one of the original 6 1/2” 610 10mm. 

I have on of those also, great shooter but I would like one with a shorter barrel also so this is good news. 

610.3web.jpg

Had one with the unfluted cylinder that looked like a flywheel on an old New Holland hay baler...  Bought it in 02 after IDPA changed the revolver rules.  Ended up selling it a couple years later after I bought a 646 and then...IDPA changed the revolver rules again! Should have kept the 610.  It was a beast! 

Should have learned not to buy or customize revolvers for IDPA or USPSA.  Had my GP100 converted to 10 MM by Clement Custom 10mm and then USPSA changed the rules allowing 8-shot revolvers.  Would like to find a 627 or 929 but am afraid if I buy one, they'll change the rules again disallowing 8-shots or they'll let 10-shot 32 Fed Magnum in...

I can remember when when people thought that they were over powered and too expensive, and then the same thing was said about the 40. I find both rounds are fun to shoot. I finding in the area that I live in more people are going towards the 10mm for deer hunting with a handgun.

6 hours ago, Gomar83 said:

I can remember when when people thought that they were over powered and too expensive, and then the same thing was said about the 40. I find both rounds are fun to shoot. I finding in the area that I live in more people are going towards the 10mm for deer hunting with a handgun.

Yes, hearing a lot of buzz in that community about the 10mm Glocks, though I can't see myself converting from wheel guns yet to a semi auto.  Wonder what it would take to convert some of the Glock folk to specialized uses of a revolver.  Maybe nothing.

9 hours ago, PatJones said:
22 hours ago, alecmc said:
But why 

10mm is fashionable again, can't keep 10mm 1911s on the shelf at work. The same demographic that thought 40 was too much loves the 10mm.

But why