Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from europe

parabat

Hi all,

Discovered ipsc 2,5 years ago and wanted to get into it, since a firearms permission takes about 2,5 years here :( i had to wait patiently, but i finaly got it and now im completely hooked, i wish i  discovered it 15 years earlier but well thats life i guess..

Trying to soak up as much info as i can and learn as much as i can (even thoug m not really a new shooter, am in law enforcement for 15 years now) but there is so much to learn and im loving it.

My only issue is that im 33years old, is it still possible at this age to get somewhere in this sport? I know it all depends on the person/ability/time put in ofcourse, but if i read interviews with all the top dog shooters they all seem to have started at a really young age?

Can i still get to say a GM level at this age or is that really hard to achieve?

Thanks for all and feel free to ask any questions

I would focus less on making GM and more on learning how to shoot and how to compete.  Once you do so, you will be able to ask yourself "Can I get to GM?" and "Do I want to put in the work that it takes to be a GM?"

What country are you from?

Welcome to the madness