Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
CTJer

Does the set up crew pay the match fee?

Trying to get some insight as to how many clubs let the set up crew shoot the match for free. 

(Club too if you can)

For real set up help , (a couple hours or much more, not just stapling on a couple targets the morning of, kind of thing although that is appreciated) local match fees are $0.00 or $5.00 versus 15 for club members and 20 for club guests. 

3 local to me USPSA clubs.

No match fee for anyone helping setup stages. They need to be at the range helping set up the stages at 730 am so we can start the match at around 9. 15 for club members and 20 for non-members.

Most locals here set up the day prior so if you help that day fees get waived. Generally RO’s get free match as well. All of our matches jumped to $20 for everybody.

I have a couple guys who get to shoot for free but they go above and beyond everyone else. 

10-15 or so of us will show up early in Memphis and set up stages. We all pay to shoot, and I’m only donating an hour or so.

It’s worth it to get to shoot something interesting with options, and not have a new guy (or tired old one :Dset up four ports with four targets. Yawn.

For my local club, the match fee is cut in half ($5 instead of $10). We also get service hours counting towards our 16 hour obligation.

Posted (edited)

Help set stages on Friday, shoot for free, also help consistently and you get a key to the prop Connex for your practice pleasure.

help finish setup on match morning shoot for $10 (half price)

Edited by MikeBurgess

At the match 15 minutes from me, the $20 match fee is waived if you help with setup/teardown.

[Side note: several times last year, there were a number of people who signed up to help set up and tear down, and while we usually seemed to have plenty of people setting up, only about 4 of us ended up staying long enough to put everything away. Because of that, and I need to pitch this idea to the MD, I think he should discount $10 for setup, then if you stick around and help put everything away -- rather than just tearing down and leaving a pile of stuff in the front of the bays -- you get your $10 back, effectively waiving the $20 but ensuring that people stick around long enough to do what they signed up for when registering.]

At the match 2.5 hours from me, it's supposed to be $5 off the $20 fee for helping with setup, but since I rarely have the exact change for paying cash, and the link for paying $15 with card never gets sent, I end up paying full price for that one.

That said, I'm already investing 5 hours of driving and gas, so the extra $5 is negligible, especially considering that the people are friendlier(different culture that side of the mountains) and everybody helps tear down afterwards.