Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pistol 3-gun, uspsa

WeldBoy

9 hours ago, WeldBoy said:

What would you guys recommend for a first pistol in 3-gun and USPSA?  try to keep the price under $1k

Im looking at a Glock 34. Hoping to upgrade it though the classes and later maybe a 2011.

34 would be fine, the 35 with the conversion barrel is a good option too.  But, do have a legal pistol now, and if so do you like is and what is it?

Recommend you start with whatever you currently have, or are currently

familiar with.

The Glocks are good way to start - and don't spend too much right away

until you get some experience and see what direction you would like to go.    :) 

9 hours ago, snipaz2420 said:

If you are looking at a Glock 34 you may want to consider a Glock 35 instead and buy a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mags for it. You can shoot USPSA limited major with the 40 and swap to 9mm for 3 gun. 

Or just buy a 34 and shoot production. 10 rds in the gun for USPSA, load 'er up for 3-gun. 

1 hour ago, WeldBoy said:

I have a 1911 and plaining on starting with a Beretta 92

You got me at beretta. Drop a d spring in  that bad boy and rock and roll. You can get big mags for three gun and shoot production in uspsa. No need to spend any more money for some time

3 minutes ago, RJH said:

You got me at beretta. Drop a d spring in  that bad boy and rock and roll. You can get big mags for three gun and shoot production in uspsa. No need to spend any more money for some time

D spring? hammer spring?

1 hour ago, WeldBoy said:

D spring? hammer spring?

Yes the main spring.  You can get it from Beretta and some other places.  It is what Beretta uses in their DAO guns and will lighten and smooth the DA pull on your 92  quite a bit and the SA trigger a little bit.  Cost less than $10 if i remember correctly.  Also won't affect reliability

I started 3 gun with a Glock 34 and now shoot a CZ. In all honesty, all the money you could (if you choose to) drop into a Glock, you’re better off starting with a steel frame gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...