Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124Gr. FMJ RN and Titegroup

g34661

Hello, I'm new to reloading and want to make sure I'm off to a good start with solid load data. 

Components I'll be using:

RMR 124Gr FMJ Round Nose Bullets

Hodgdon Titegroup

CCI Small Pisto Primers #500

I'm looking for Powder charge grs and  C.O.L/OAL data which have worked for you. (and any PF and fps info you may have)

I will be running them through a Glock 34.  I was unable to find load data for my exact combination of components in reloading manuals.   I used the search function, and the results were mixed and difficult to sort through given the shear size of the results. 

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm new to reloading and want to make sure I'm off to a good start with solid load data. 

Hodgdon Titegroup

I'm looking for Powder charge grs and  C.O.L/OAL data which have worked for you. (and any PF and fps info you may have)

I will be running them through a Glock 34.  I was unable to find load data for my exact combination of components in reloading manuals.   I used the search function, and the results were mixed and difficult to sort through given the shear size of the results. 

Thanks in advance.
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com

manufacturers specs for your projectile are: 3.6-4.1 grains of titegroup

Start at 3.4 and work your way up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My load for my G34 with 124gr Xtreem Round Nose is. 3.8 gr of TG a Winchester Primer 1.15 OAL. Right around 1090 FPS. CCI primers with this load always gave me a lower FPS. Your mileage may vary. As stated in other post. Start low work your way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lead and coated run fastest, plated is in the middle, and jacketed rounds are the slowest. 

The harder the projectile’s surface, the more gas blows past it before it fully “corks” the hole in your barrel. In simple terms.

The difference in velocity and pressure is not that massive, but it’s worth knowing about.

Oftentimes, a 9mm load will be *roughly* 0.2gr higher for FMJ than coated bullets to obtain the same velocity.

I run 124gr Everglades RN FMJ / CCI 500 / mixed headstamp brass with 3.6gr TG @ 1.120".  Haven't put it through chrograph yet, but probably will tonight as I have some range time blocked off for testing a bunch of loads I cooked up over the last week plus.  Can get back to you if you'd like to know what that clocks in at.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 2:16 AM, g34661 said:

Hodgdon Titegroup

Thanks in advance.

I’m running this exact same setup. 

Mixed cases,

RMR 124g FMJ RN bullets,

CCI 500 primers,

titegroup powder.

I’m shooting these out of my Glock 19, 17 and shield.

I started at 3.6gr and moved up from there. They all cycled fine but felt like powder puffs. Knowing I was at the low end I moved up gradually and now I’m at 3.9 gr and am happy with the results. My C.O.A.L. Is at 1.14”.

I have not put these over a chrono yet but I do have one on order and will hopefully test these next week. Depending on the results I’ll make some adjustments and probably seat the bullet deeper.

Edited by Steve8140

Loaded the RMR 124gr RN FMJ over 4.1gr of TG at 1.135". Found many posts calling for just over 4. Shot decent, doesn't seem harsh. Have not chrono'd maybe next weekend.

Edited by Beef15

I use 3.6gr out of my glock 34 gen 3 with factory barrel. I get 129-131pf. If you want to be safe, 3.7gr is a nice soft load that gets 130pf all day with factory barrel. If you are running an aftermarket barrel, bump up one grain. This is all at 1.100 oal with 124gr conical round nose (CRN) eggleston munitions. 

1.125 with 124gr round nose (RN) is safe. Make sure you do the “plunk test” to determine your barrel’s best oal. 

• 2 years later...