Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 carry optics weight problem

jeremy kemlo

On 5/21/2019 at 9:16 AM, BritinUSA said:

18. +5 oz over listed weight, or 45oz whichever is greater.

where is this coming from? 

in the rule book it shows page 107 18.  maximum weight yes, 45 oz. including optic and empty magazine.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, GregJ said:

I just got my slide back from CZC.  DPP mounted, with shield, and with 17rd MG mag and MG extended base plate, thin safeties, etc, weighs in at 45.5.  Not real happy.

Going to try first:

- poly guide rod ( .5 oz)

- LW Lok grips (.4 oz)

- remove front sight (? oz)

If this doesnt get me closer to 44.5, will try the TTI extensions next.

Other suggestions?  (I could not find Rowdyb's CO build thread, if anyone has a link that would be great.)

Remove the DPP shield.

I have always disagreed with the 45 oz weight rule of carry optics. I remember the time when a revolver was a carry gun and it weighed more than 45 oz and was a beast to carry.  I think that the rule just hinders the division big time in that it forces one to send the gun out for major gunsmithing just to shed 2-3 oz. I personally would like to see the weight to 50 oz or dropped altogether as it just does not make sense. Just MO.....

Edited by abb1

Gun feels snappier since the weight loss. 

I have a 10# recoil spring in there now...  and it feels like it could go even lighter. 

What have you guys done to regain some of that lost softness?

TIA!

9 hours ago, SergioSF said:

Gun feels snappier since the weight loss. 

I have a 10# recoil spring in there now...  and it feels like it could go even lighter. 

What have you guys done to regain some of that lost softness?

TIA!

I have a 11lb yellow spring from Cajun shooting bunny farts 147gr and it’s a little snaippier but not much I do have the rubber bushings on the recoil rod I don’t know if that really does help but it was in there when I bought it just never removed it yet.

i would say just get some grips with good traction like light weight palm swells.  

Also the best investment some captain of crush grippers the 100lb “trainer” is a good one to start. Work negatives. 

3 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

I have a 11lb yellow spring from Cajun shooting bunny farts 147gr and it’s a little snaippier but not much I do have the rubber bushings on the recoil rod I don’t know if that really does help but it was in there when I bought it just never removed it yet.

i would say just get some grips with good traction like light weight palm swells.  

Also the best investment some captain of crush grippers the 100lb “trainer” is a good one to start. Work negatives. 

I run Federal Syntech 150gr. These are pretty soft too. And yup, I also have the buffer in there too.

I'm just not sure which direction to go with the spring. Softer seems to make sense, but heavier seems like it'll prevent it from slamming back so hard. 

Thanks for the reminder on the grip workout. I do this, but just like dry-fire, I should do more.

38 minutes ago, SergioSF said:

I run Federal Syntech 150gr. These are pretty soft too. And yup, I also have the buffer in there too.

I'm just not sure which direction to go with the spring. Softer seems to make sense, but heavier seems like it'll prevent it from slamming back so hard. 

Thanks for the reminder on the grip workout. I do this, but just like dry-fire, I should do more.

Gotcha I might be getting another slide from primary for a back up.

All good I’ll catch my self slacking on the grip with my support hand at times.