Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic 8B extension?

Bimmer

I have a 28" barrel for my M2, so I'm looking for an extension to fit...  Nordic's "8B" would be perfect, but it seems to be out of production and unavailable. 

Yes, I have an e-mail into Nordic's customer service. 

I have a Nordic extension (5B) to go with my 21" barrel, so I'd like to stick with Nordic, but I'm open to other ideas.

Ideas?

10 minutes ago, Bimmer said:

I have a 28" barrel for my M2, so I'm looking for an extension to fit...  Nordic's "8B" would be perfect, but it seems to be out of production and unavailable. 

Yes, I have an e-mail into Nordic's customer service. 

I have a Nordic extension (5B) to go with my 21" barrel, so I'd like to stick with Nordic, but I'm open to other ideas.

Ideas?

Brownells is showing 1 +8B in stock tonight

Edited by GunCat

On 3/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, GunCat said:

Brownells is showing 1 +8B in stock tonight

Son of a gun...  I backordered one from Brownells last week, then they updated my order and cancelled that item, because it was discontinued. 

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up:  I just ordered it. 

RE:  MOA...  I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I really think the mag tube should be about as long as the barrel. 

I don't understand the "underbite" mag tube extending past the barrel (why not run a longer barrel?!), and having the mag end up 1-1/2" shorter than the barrel would bug me, too. 

9 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Are you using the gun to shoot competitively? If you're trying to win you'll forget all about aesthetics in short order.

True. Good looks are important, but in this instance capacity is more importantner.

Too much magazine capacity is rarely an issue in this game.

No, there's no 3-gun competitions around here, so if I "compete," then it's a friendly round of trap...  Capacity isn't a big deal. 

Pragmatically, a 28" barrel is handy for shooting clay pigeons or hunting, but anything beyond that is impractical in terms of transporting it and swinging it.