Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten Guide Rod for M&P Pro 9L

Yagi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, conditionone said:

Will this work in 5" 2.0?  I notice Carver lists an ISMI rod working for 1.0/2.0, but lists the wolff rod as only working in the 1.0 (I think)  - so kinda confused.

I'm actually local to Carver so was going to run by next week, but would prefer the Tungsten one which I don't see on Carver's site.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m considering boring out the guide rod hole in the slide to allow for a larger uncaptured tungsten guide and use a different spring. I’d have to attach an end plate or turn the diameter to allow for a retention on the slide lock side. If I recall correctly, the larger diameter in the slide is 7/16”. However I’m not sure if it is going to get to the point of having too heavy of a guide rod and making it nose heavy or too heavy in general.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:41 AM, Gunner_Freeman said:

Wish I had seen this before I ordered from the glockstore, last time I looked Carver custom had been out of stock for a while.

Well despite the general craziness the world is going through right now, the extend glock guide rod came in and I ran about 200 rounds throught it in my CO M&P 2.0 5" and it worked great.  Recoil felt a little different and I feel like I was able to track the dot better.  Deffinitely need more time with it.  My only complant is that it is a little too long and you can see about an 1/8th of the guide rod when the gun is in battery, however, this does not seem to affect anything besides the look of the gun.  Also I decided to go with a 15# flat spring.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, Benevolence said:

I’m considering boring out the guide rod hole in the slide to allow for a larger uncaptured tungsten guide and use a different spring. I’d have to attach an end plate or turn the diameter to allow for a retention on the slide lock side. If I recall correctly, the larger diameter in the slide is 7/16”. However I’m not sure if it is going to get to the point of having too heavy of a guide rod and making it nose heavy or too heavy in general.

Got my carver tungsten guide rod and it is thicker than the standard guide rod, and so takes a different spring as you suggest (wolff vs the flat wire). Also came with a coupon code for 10% off carver products: BOBBY10.

• 2 weeks later...