Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 VS VORTEX RAZOR

jklt222

So I have switched from the RTS@ to the razor. I hear pros and cons on both but love the Vortex no BS warranty. The glass is a bit smaller but I find no difference in acquiring the dot for follow up shot. New to me but like it so far. Your thoughts?

i broke 2 razor on my akai open gun under 5000 rounds , both lost battery contact , if i take battery out and bent the leaf spring up , it will work again for another few rounds , had email vortex they said haven't seen that before , my sponsor replaced the dot for me but i end up put rts2 back on just to be safe and haven't hand any issue for about 2000 rounds so far 

4 hours ago, Letan84 said:

i broke 2 razor on my akai open gun under 5000 rounds , both lost battery contact , if i take battery out and bent the leaf spring up , it will work again for another few rounds , had email vortex they said haven't seen that before , my sponsor replaced the dot for me but i end up put rts2 back on just to be safe and haven't hand any issue for about 2000 rounds so far 

I went through 2 Razors as well with that problem. Their standard answer is “never seen that before”, because that’s what I got from Vortex as well. They did send new replacements both times, but my Razors now only reside on rimfires or AR 15s. I like the sight, but not durable enough for open gun.

• 2 weeks later...