Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
johnbu

DG Bullet review (new company)

Posted (edited)

A couple buddies are enamoured with DG Bullets.  They both have discount codes for 15% off, which makes it a smoking deal, so....i got a case of 3500 bullets in 124gr. Picture 1

They came nicely packaged in 7 plastic bags along with a can cozy and an ink pen in a sturdy cardboard box. Picture 2

The "124" came weighing 123.5 +/-0.5 gr. Slightly low, but uniformity was good.  Diameter came in at 0.3565" to  0. 3570" .

They dumped right into the Mr Bullet Feeder and feed with zero adjustments.

The 124 gr is a wider ogive profile. Wider shoulders.  If you shoot a CZ or Tanfo and the barrel hasn't been throated for Saami spec, you would need to load short to pass plunk test. My tanfo guns have been done and there were no problems at 1.150" ,  it feeds 24 best at 1.120, so that is where is set them. 

The 147gr profile is supposedly pointer and CZ / Tanfo friendly. Not sure, i just tried the 124.

They zero'ed well.  I loaded slightly hot at 1108 fps which gives 136 to 137PF.  I used a Idpa paper target at 25 yards, shooting from a shooting bench. Last picture shows 30 unpasted holes made by them. Picture 3.

Only shot a few, but so far so good.

20190325_115429.jpg

20190325_115520.jpg

20190325_131534.jpg

Edited by johnbu
typo, well, really a printo. i wrote my note wrong.

I have been using them in 147gr and so far I love them.

99.9 of them weight 148ish Gr

I can load them at 1.140 on my reamed Stock 2

Coating is great , deep and shiny green color

You get them FAST

And the 15% off is just the Cherry on Top4bae5f63ad64947647877c185597611d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John did you mean ".3555 to .3560? 

I saw these last night and considered trying a few. Has anyone pushed these 124gr out to 1370 fps for Major? Cheers. 

Just bought some 147g to try out after seeing a post in another thread.  

Should get out to test them tomorrow. 

The Flat Nose DG 147gr print a nice mark on Carboard Targets

The Round nose was from another brand362d9e1dd0550592f7f92f572163627b.jpg

Are you sure your diameters are correct?  .011" over is not good.

16 hours ago, Lastcat said:

I saw these last night and considered trying a few. Has anyone pushed these 124gr out to 1370 fps for Major? Cheers. 

Doh!  i must havebeen a cup of coffee short when i wrote it!

You are correct.   i measured 0.3565 to 0.3570 as a range. Only 1 of 14 measured were .3570.

Thanks for the catch!

On 3/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, Lastcat said:

Good news. I love them and have been pushing them to 1500 FPS+ with zero issue. And from a Tanfo V12. I have been running them for a bit now. I run and have run the 115g with CFE, AA7, Power Pistol and will be doing more load development with other powders. They have been very accurate, leading hasn't been an issue, and no splitting. Also he runs the coating a little thicker and it doesn't rub off on your hands on in bullet feeder. 

Excellent Write John. I'm sure DG appreciates it. DG is local to me and small, but looking into doing match and stage sponsorship to get word out. So support the little guys. Dave has taken a lot of time to listen to us in doing QC and making sure things are beyond satisfactory. Dave is also a shooter. He shoots IDPA and USPSA.  lives near Waupaca WI.  Orders come fast! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Apolo said:

Good news. I love them and have been pushing them to 1500 FPS+ with zero issue. And from a Tanfo V12. I have been running them for a bit now. I run and have run the 115g with CFE, AA7, Power Pistol and will be doing more load development with other powders. They have been very accurate, leading hasn't been an issue, and no splitting. Also he runs the coating a little thicker and it doesn't rub off on your hands on in bullet feeder. 

Excellent Write John. I'm sure DG appreciates it. DG is local to me and small, but looking into doing match and stage sponsorship to get word out. So support the little guys. Dave has taken a lot of time to listen to us in doing QC and making sure things are beyond satisfactory. Dave is also a shooter. He shoots IDPA and USPSA.  lives near Waupaca WI.  Orders come fast! 

Thanks Apolo, guess I'll have to order a few. I use a Czechmate in (Open Major). Power Pistol is one my favorite powders. 👍

Edited by Lastcat

I like it too but it is crazy concussive and flashy

What’s the coupon code?
FB15 works