Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lok grip texture

nick779

What has your experience been with grips in general or Loks if you run them?

Im on the fence between bogies and roughnecks, and most locals who have CZs shoot with SSI Scales, but im not a huge fan of them.

Lok did state that I could order a few sets and just return what I dont want but imo that seems like a crappy thing to do to them especially if I want something with inlays. I did ask if they had a reject pile they could send me that I would pay for return shipping just to test different textures/thicknesses out but they said they didnt have anything.

I have the palm swell bogies on my S2. 

The profile fills my hands great. The texture is "sharp" at first but I got comfortable with it quickly. 

The material is very easy to work with a file for a more personalized fit if need be. There was one particular point or peak in the texture that was chewing up my strong hand pinkie. 2 passes with a file made them perfect. 

For competition use, get the bogies without a doubt.  They are aggressive & stick in your hand. 

If someone finds them too aggressive or that they hurt,...........well, then your hands are too soft to begin with.

I agree with everyone LOK GRIP PALM SWELLS BOGIES.  

Been running them for 3 years best grips I’ve ever bought.  I had vz, scales, oe steel shadows.  

in my opinion i want the most traction I can get, dry fire every night and you’re hands will build up.  Plus the palms swells aids in giving me more realestate for my support hand. 

I have a light weight setup coming for carryoptic division.

21 hours ago, BJB said:

For competition use, get the bogies without a doubt.  They are aggressive & stick in your hand. 

If someone finds them too aggressive or that they hurt,...........well, then your hands are too soft to begin with.

Yeah some people have bony hands with not much meat on them too (like me)

Bogies are fine but I knocked them back with a bit of filing/sanding

Order something more aggressive than you think you'd want ,and you can always file down any hot spots.

Alternatively, if you find it's not aggressive enough, you can always add silicon carbide.

Or do both and have pretty ugly but extremely functional grips. 

1 hour ago, zhuk said:

Yeah some people have bony hands with not much meat on them too (like me)

Bogies are fine but I knocked them back with a bit of filing/sanding

This is pretty much me, I have long, thin fingers. Im split between Bogies or Roughnecks.  Hopefully I can find a few guys with different grips I can try out for feel.

I have had the thin grips and the palm swells.  I prefer the palm swells over the thin grips or any other grip that I have tried. I do not like the bogie  texture. I know it is very aggressive but I think the full checkered grips just as well and feels much better in my hand.   For my hands I don’t think more aggressive equals better grip. I can move my hand easier on the gun with checkered and there are so many very small sharp points that the traction is amazing. 

I've been using Lok grips on all my competition guns. I've run both Bogey and Roughneck pattern.  Both work great.  Great traction.  I slightly prefer the Bogey pattern.  And I run the palm swell on my CZ's.

I have smaller hands and the thin bogies are the best grip I've tried.  Much better than the CZC with grip tape or scales.  They are grippy enough that the gun does not move around even when your hands are sweaty in August.  IMO they are perfect.

• 1 year later...

I just received my Palm Swell Bogies yesterday, to replace the stock Shadow 2 grips.  I have fairly large hands and wear 2XL gloves.  The palm swell is great, I now have contact with my entire strong hand palm.  Getting good weak hand contact is a challenge for me on every gun I've tried, but I'd say it's a little better with these grips since my strong hand fingers don't wrap around quite as far due to the increased width.  My desk-jockey's hands definitely feel the bite from the texture, so I'll need to build up some callouses...