Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory SuperSight Not Holding Zero

Skyshark425

4 hours ago, Skyshark425 said:

So whats the proper instal  on a dawson sight because i switched from them because they were constantly coming loose.

Do what others just recommended. Also, the newer Dawson front sight comes with a metal disk, to put in the screw hole in slide. The Dawson screw is much smaller in diameter, it now actually has something to push on instead of going through slide hitting barrel or wobbling back and forth. Although it should of been thicker, their disk is better than nothing.

On 3/27/2019 at 2:41 PM, Skyshark425 said:

the henning front sight.  .180

I did the dawson measurement and it advised a .155 site.

So whats the proper instal  on a dawson sight because i switched from them because they were constantly coming loose.

FYI: 

If you haven't replaced that tall front sight with a shorter one more appropriately matched to the Super-Site keep in mind that Henning has a fixed rear site that is actually matched with the 0.180"' front site you have.  I remembered seeing it once upon a time so had to go find it again.

https://www.henningshop.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1285237&CAT=9249

I use the SS and the Henning Fiber for the front. I tried the Dawson, but got too frustrated trying to keep it secure. The little disk, Locktite and other tricks still didn't stop the sight from loosening.

As far as rear height and zero goes,  I noticed that as my grip and trigger pull improved my point of impact elevation also rose. I have multiple Tanfoglios and they all shoot the same, but other's experience may differ.

Often when I'm doing drills (the same thing happens at matchs), sometimes I'm sure the sights must have shifted because I surely can't be spraying all those wild hits. 🤬 

Of course then I stop and do some group shooting and like a miracle healing service my gun just nails it.

It has to be possessed.  😈

12 hours ago, HesedTech said:

I use the SS and the Henning Fiber for the front. I tried the Dawson, but got too frustrated trying to keep it secure. The little disk, Locktite and other tricks still didn't stop the sight from loosening.

As far as rear height and zero goes,  I noticed that as my grip and trigger pull improved my point of impact elevation also rose. I have multiple Tanfoglios and they all shoot the same, but other's experience may differ.

Often when I'm doing drills (the same thing happens at matchs), sometimes I'm sure the sights must have shifted because I surely can't be spraying all those wild hits. 🤬 

Of course then I stop and do some group shooting and like a miracle healing service my gun just nails it.

It has to be possessed.  😈

🙂 we have the same s#!tty guns 

12 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Noshoots jump in front of passing bullets. I thought everyone knew this.

It isn’t your fault.

Damn noshoots.