Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading 6BR on a Dillon 650

Hi,

For a project I want to load 6mmBR on a Dillon 650. Who has done it?

- Which casefeeder adapter will work? (A 7,62x39 one?)

- Which powder funnel is suitable?

Thanks,

RGA

Edited by RGA

I load 7,62x39 and 6 PPC on both my 650 and 550.  For the 650 my case feed adaptor is a modified orange one that I use for 357 MAX and the 7.62x39/6 PPC. For the powder funnel it would be the same as I use in 6 PPC.  Not sure if there is a difference between a larger rifle caliber like 243 Win but I am guessing since the PPC/BR cases are shorter they may make a longer funnel for the shorter cases.  

I played a little with my .308 casefeed adapter and placed a piece of tape covering the top 1/2 inch of the slot in the adapter. It will now reliably feed 6BR cases.

1 hour ago, RGA said:

I played a little with my .308 casefeed adapter and placed a piece of tape covering the top 1/2 inch of the slot in the adapter. It will now reliably feed 6BR cases.

I have done that also for different cases. I found a rubber "O" ring of the right diameter works well also since you can slide it up and down depending on your case length.  When I started loading 7.62x39/6 PPC I already had the correct adapter because I was loading .357 MAX so I just used that.

Like the great philosopher Hannibal likes to say: "I love it when a plan comes together!"  🙂

I managed to combine a (manual) Harrell's powder measure with the press. Let's see if the 650 can produce just as consistent and straight ammo as my Harrell's presses.

Dillon-Harrells.jpg

Edited by RGA

Not a Dillon press but I have loaded some very accurate loads on my Pro2000 progressive press. As long as your dies are adjusted properly. Below is an example of accuracy I was able to easily attain with my .308.

028926cd04ee78aedc8f8a3ca4ce6e78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk