Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sun shades / hoods for Scoring Devices

matteekay

Hey all!

I'm running matches using Kindle Fire HD 6's. The color screens and responsiveness of the devices are awesome, but the high-gloss screens can be problematic in the Colorado sun. Has anyone found sun shades that work with their scoring devices? Amazon has a bunch of them that look great and are quite cheap, but they're all designed to be used in landscape format rather than portrait.

10 hours ago, wixthedog said:

These are the shades that Ken with Practiscore had something to do with, sold here:  https://www.wehateglare.com/

We have our Kindles pretty much permanently mounted in those, given our extremely sunny location and absolutely no shade in our bays. They work great and last a long time. Make it harder to misplace the tablet, too.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

17 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We have our Kindles pretty much permanently mounted in those, given our extremely sunny location and absolutely no shade in our bays. They work great and last a long time. Make it harder to misplace the tablet, too.

I was thinking that it wouldn't be the worst idea to make the tablets easier to track, haha.

24 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

I have a bunch of the shades available. They hardly ever get used. 

Drop me a PM?

They’re paid for and club money. Every so often they’ll get used but mostly people just like to bitch about not being able to see the screen. 

Ah, I get you now. Don’t worry, you’re dealing with shooters - if they weren’t bitching about that, it would be something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...