Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske PCC

Is there any info out there about the new Noveske PPC offering?

Ive heard its going to be sold as Uppers and Lowers (standalone) as well as a complete gun. No support for Glock mags tho as far as i know, just colt style mags. 

They are sponsoring the SMD made Carbine Series hot and heavy.  I didn't see one at Alabama but heard they had them in Virginia over the weekend.  Their rifles are well built so I imagine their PCC would be no different, shame they do not accept Glock mags though, poor choice in my opinion.

Doesn’t look to be built for the competition crowd more of a duty piece.  Much like Wilson Combats PCC I’d bet they will be tough as a diamond, priced higher than giraffe ears, but not useful for the serious PCC shooter.

18 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Doesn’t look to be built for the competition crowd more of a duty piece.  Much like Wilson Combats PCC I’d bet they will be tough as a diamond, priced higher than giraffe ears, but not useful for the serious PCC shooter.

This seems most likely. 

Is there an advantage to be had going to Colt mags vs Glock? 

If its reliable and available with a comp, aside from the colt pattern lower hits real close to the JP GMR 15 i currently run. I have no info on the barrel contour but i doubt it ill be a pencil. 

Sort of related to this topic......

Is there any significant use of 9mm PCC in law enforcement?   .

Not that I have any decent information, but my guess is its very low and not growing.

Just wondering since PCC makers will make to the expected needs of the market

14 hours ago, Hawk21 said:

They drop a ton of money in match sponsorship, and about $30K just in sponsoring the SMD Carbine Series alone, so I would make the assumption that they want the competitive shooter market above any other.

Yes, Colt has been in the 9mm AR SMG game for a long, LONG time. 

And not only are Colt mags reliable (double stack feeds faster) but they look much cooler, which is half the battle for some of these companies. That said, no only is the 3-gun PCC market growing, but with the ease of E-file Form 1's, and moreso the WIDESPREAD use of AR pistol braces, lots of civilians are building 9mm AR pistols, running cans on them, etc. That's a pretty big market and everyone is jumping in on it. 

Local dealer has a bunch of 6991s, SBRs, in stock. Might have subguns, but I never asked. They have to be well over 20K by now.

Also had a Colt Ltwt sporter in 9mm circa 1994 and the magazines were a PITA. Hard to load and sprayed ammo when dropped.

I have a recent Colt 9mm now and the new Colt and Brownell mags are much better with both the old issues gone.