Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock ll or IFG LimPro for USPSA Production?


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Yagi said:

Pick your poison. Then practice. Both guns are capable as they are one of the best platform for production.

 

I had both and kept the S2, it was a coin toss as far as which one I liked better and at the time the LP was not being imported so it was an easier sale for more money. 

 

Everyone forgets the S3 for some reason, maybe it is not as pretty? I think it is also a great choice and expect that some would like the extra mass, feels like a Shadow 2 for man hands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Byron320X5 said:

I have a Shadow 2 from CZC, great gun but it's really nose heavy. I'm looking for something a little more balanced

Don't get the stock 3 then, it'll feel similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a Shadow 2 from CZC, great gun but it's really nose heavy. I'm looking for something a little more balanced
Then the Stock 2 is the one you need my man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think you can go wrong with a Stock 2.

Another great option is the IFG defiant stock 1. Plus side is its IDPA legal if you ever want to roll in it.

 

If the nose weight of the shadow 2  is too much then don't bother with the Stock 3 because they feel identical.

 

How long have you been shooting the shadow 2 and what did you shoot before it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Byron320X5 said:

I've shot the S2 in a handful of matches, it just seems nose heavy to me especially during transitions. I was shooting a 320 X5 before that. 

The shadow 2 is going to feel like a tank compared to the X5.

Last year I shot a Walther Q5 and in the fall I switched back to a CZ but a shadow 2 this time.

It took months of dry fire and matches before I got use to the weight. 5 months later now and the shadow 2 feels normal.

I have my Ifg defiant stock 1 set up for carry optics and its lighter than the shadow 2 but I dont feel a difference switching back and forth.

 

Get what feels right for you but dont think that switching to a lighter gun is going to make a difference in your match scores.

Dry fire and live fire training will.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me so far the Lim Pro and the S2 feel like they balance very similarly. The lim pro has a longer barrel but shorter dust cover, and the stock 2 with the shorter thicker barrel and long dust cover.

 

Really at this point for both guns I feel like its apples to apples. Both area great. Both shoot awesome, and accurately for me. Really comes down to if you wanna game in IDPA, and which one you like the look of better.

 

Good luck! You'll be happy with either!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I just bought a S2 to shoot Production based on the feel and how it shoots.  It all based on what you like and are comfortable with.  Also the price was really good on this gun.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 6:17 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Everyone forgets the S3 for some reason, maybe it is not as pretty? I think it is also a great choice and expect that some would like the extra mass, feels like a Shadow 2 for man hands. 

 

Makes me sad the S3 is over looked. Still my favorite tanfoglio. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're interested in trying out CO sometime, I would go LimPro. You can just add a dovetail mount and make weight, on the Stock 2 you have to mill and then you can't use it in production. If you'll only ever want to use it for production, I would say Stock 2 over Limpro or Stock 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 12:43 PM, Yagi said:

Jacob Hetherington uses Stock 3 and wins.... Just saying.. 😃

 

The dude hurt my feelings this weekend with his S3... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 12:43 PM, Yagi said:

Jacob Hetherington uses Stock 3 and wins.... Just saying.. 😃

 


I use Stock 3s and never win. Do I get my money back? 😂

Honestly, I don't think it matters too much. Just pick one that fits the division(s) you want to shoot.

 

The Stock 2 is only legal for USPSA. I'd say the Lim Pro is the most versatile if you want to shoot multiple sports/divisions. Conversion slides and barrels are also less expensive and more available from EAA.
 

  • USPSA/IPSC Production
  • USPSA Limited or IPSC Standard with a .40 slide, magwell, and 140mm or 126mm extensions
  • USPSA CO with or without slide milling
  • IPSC PO with dovetail mount
  • IDPA SSP
  • IDPA ESP with a magwell
  • IDPA CDP with a .45 slide
  • All 3-gun divisions if accuracy by volume is your thing
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AzNooB said:


I use Stock 3s and never win. Do I get my money back? 😂

Honestly, I don't think it matters too much. Just pick one that fits the division(s) you want to shoot.

 

The Stock 2 is only legal for USPSA. I'd say the Lim Pro is the most versatile if you want to shoot multiple sports/divisions. Conversion slides and barrels are also less expensive and more available from EAA.
 

  • USPSA/IPSC Production
  • USPSA Limited or IPSC Standard with a .40 slide, magwell, and 140mm or 126mm extensions
  • USPSA CO with or without slide milling
  • IPSC PO with dovetail mount
  • IDPA SSP
  • IDPA ESP with a magwell
  • IDPA CDP with a .45 slide
  • All 3-gun divisions if accuracy by volume is your thing

Don’t forget the Stock I.  Why does the Tanfoglio Stock I get minimal love here? 

 

The Lim Pro & Stock I are two Tanfo pistols that can shoot IDPA & USPSA and CO in either division without having to do more than replace the .rear sight

 

Also, another vote for a Stock III...but I’m new to this game...

Edited by Localizer
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Localizer said:

Don’t forget the Stock I.  Why does the Tanfoglio Stock I get minimal love here? 

 

The Lim Pro & Stock I are two Tanfo pistols that can shoot IDPA & USPSA and CO in either division without having to do more than replace the .rear sight

 

Also, another vote for a Stock III...but I’m new to this game...

 

I can't get over the front/back strap design of the IFG Stock I. If they had kept the grip from the Stock 2/3/LimPro, I think it'd be a hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Localizer said:

Why does the Tanfoglio Stock I get minimal love here? 

 

They start out slightly more expensive than a Stock 3 and then for me to be happy I'd have to install an adjustable rear sight. If I ever move to carry optics and I don't find the grip to be objectionable (haven't held one) I could see that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...