Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mount problems converting to micro dots

DannerDog

I have three 2011 open guns that I have converted the mounts to micro dots. It has been a challenge to find mounts that are the same screw pattern for mounting to the frame and also have had height and width clearance for the slide. 

I like buying used guns to experiment with but a hesitant in buying anything else that doesn’t already have a micro dot mount. 

Thoughts and experiences would be appreciated. 

You must have bought some oddballs.  Standard STI spacing of .375" on centers is used almost universally for frame mounts on 2011.  I prefer Cheely mounts. because they already have the 1 degree angle baked in.  Open gun generally have the slides lightened and that includes flat topping.  All of the slides on my Open guns clear the mount by a good margin.

17 hours ago, DannerDog said:

I have three 2011 open guns that I have converted the mounts to micro dots. It has been a challenge to find mounts that are the same screw pattern for mounting to the frame and also have had height and width clearance for the slide. 

I like buying used guns to experiment with but a hesitant in buying anything else that doesn’t already have a micro dot mount

Thoughts and experiences would be appreciated. 

I ran into this exact problem with my 2011.  Call Matt Cheely and order one of their blank mounts and have a gunsmith drill the holes for your particular gun.

Edit: You have to call them to order that item.  They don't list it on the website.

Edited by UpYoursPal

Thanks for the responses so far. It would appear that modis where made to 2 of the three open guns I currently own. The way I am understanding some of the comments on my threads and a couple others if I buy a STI DVC open with a c-more Mount for example and no mods to the mount have been made I could then buy a Microdot mount for a DVC open and easily interchange it?