Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To upgrade or not to upgrade. That is the question.

GolfGuns

My 320 X5 with a non-upgraded trigger will break at the bottom of the trigger using a 4lb NRA trigger weight and I have never touched the FCU. Is there anything to gain by doing the voluntary trigger upgrade? I would only consider sending it back to SIG to be able to upgrade it with a Gray or Apex trigger. I am afraid it will end up worse (heavier). It will be a Carry Optics gun for USPSA.

My experience with the upgraded triggers has been good. The ones I’ve felt have been very nice, with some of them breaking in the 4# range. I bought two X5s before the big “drop gun, go bang” frenzy and have not upgraded either. Two reasons for that are that I, like yourself, like the trigger the way it is, and two, I love the click when dry firing and don’t want to give that up. I have since bought a recently built X5 (upgraded) for the sole purpose of being able to put a Grayguns trigger kit in it. The trigger out of the box is excellent, and breaks at about 4.5# before I’ve even put any rounds through it. Honestly, I may not even mess with it. I guess it depends on how light you like your triggers. I hard prep the trigger, so a little weight on a trigger isn’t a bad thing for me. The 2nd gen Grayguns trigger kit I have in another upgraded P320 breaks at just under 3#. It’s awesome, but it takes some adjustment because I’m used to hard prepping a 4-5# trigger. So, all that being said, I’d just buy another X5 and put the Grayguns kit in that one, and leave the one you have with the nice trigger as it is.

Thanks, I do like the click for dry fire. My other genre are 1911s with 2.25 lb triggers. The triggers are different enough and I don’t mind the pull but 3lb does sound nice. I could always use an extra as a nightstand gun honey.

Edited by GolfGuns
Add