Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
FTP_Shooting_Sports

FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Sight

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Orlandoech said:

I highly considered this optic but FTPs horrible warranty and return policy kept me from taking the plunge. Not at all worth the risk imo. If these every changed and they actually BACKED their "Great Product", I would place an order. @FTP_Shooting_Sports

 

So you just joined BE forums and your first post is to criticize our product which you have never tried nor experienced our warranty process? I am sure there is no ulterior motive there at all! Good luck in the shooting sports.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if the march shipment of 8moa went out to customers that had previously ordered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nick954 said:

Anyone know if the march shipment of 8moa went out to customers that had previously ordered?

 

Due to the Corona virus and staff shortages at customs, our shipment was held up for 2 weeks in the customs warehouse and was just released so we should have it Monday or Tuesday and then will ship all back orders in the sequence they came in. We will also have lots of 8 MOA and 6 MOA units ready to sell for new orders :)


Now if only the range was open so we could all go shoot!  I am sad that likely so many matches I had planned to attend will likely be cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

 

Due to the Corona virus and staff shortages at customs, our shipment was held up for 2 weeks in the customs warehouse and was just released so we should have it Monday or Tuesday and then will ship all back orders in the sequence they came in. We will also have lots of 8 MOA and 6 MOA units ready to sell for new orders :)


Now if only the range was open so we could all go shoot!  I am sad that likely so many matches I had planned to attend will likely be cancelled.

 

 

Totally understandable thanks for responding so quickly you all stay safe and God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you many reports on how they hold up slide mounted ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Have you many reports on how they hold up slide mounted ???

 

The only "reports" we get are from local shooters whom I know personally and have run tens of thousands of rounds on their production optics guns without issue. One was the Canadian National champion. Other than that, nobody reports anything to us but if there was an issue, I am sure we would get lots of complaints and you would see them on the internet as well. We do offer the 30 month warranty should something happen of course.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Ok, thanks.

 

No problem. We do have a few independent reviewers that have been testing the optics and have given really great reviews but their round counts are not that high yet to comment beyond initial testing and impressions compared to other optics they have tested.

 

Considering the manufacturer is the same as the Sig Romeo 3 Max, we would expect a similar level of performance and durability given the shared parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two questions:
Realistically, what is the battery life on this one?
I admit I got spoiled by Holosun, haven't changed the battery for 2 years on 510c.

Have anyone broke one yet? What is the replacement/malfunction rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MatroskinT said:

Two questions:
Realistically, what is the battery life on this one?
I admit I got spoiled by Holosun, haven't changed the battery for 2 years on 510c.

Have anyone broke one yet? What is the replacement/malfunction rate?

 

Battery life is a complicated issues so I will give you the manufacturer rating, my experience and my recommendations:

 

1. Manufacturer rated battery life : Battery Life: 320 hours at brightness position 3 at 10 degrees C

2. Combination of practice, dry fire and screwing around with no particular purpose: a few months

3. What we recommend: ALWAYS change to a new battery before a match you care about. You want to use a quality brand (Energizer, Duracell etc) and never buy a cheap dollar store battery. A good battery will be 3.3-3.4 volts out of the package. A crappy battery might not be 3.0 volts out of the package. The optics will strobe (the low battery warning at 2.8 volts). If you want to be extra careful, change the battery each day during a multi day match. Considering how cheap batteries are the relationship between dot brightness and battery voltage, there is no reason to not take this precaution. You spent a lot of money to go to match so why cheap out a a dollar or two on a good battery each day. Your old batteries can be used for practice.

 

Our dots are one of the brightest on the market so yes, they are harder on batteries but not by an unreasonable amount. Nobody uses the dot at the low brightness levels the manufacturers quote unless you only shoot indoors. Most people who shoot outdoors are into the upper 40 % of the settings. We do have a built in motion sensor that turns the dot offer after a period of no movement so that really helps too.


We put all this in the manual (unlike other manufacturers that really tell you very little) so you don't have to remember any of this and we do come on these forums to offer advice and support. However, if you want a quicker response, please send us an email or give us a call. This is not the only media site we support and phone calls and emails come before forums in our customer service plan :)

Have any broken? Yes. We have had 4 come back for warranty and all were or will be replaced with new units. One didn't hold zero, one had something happen to an emitter that made it less bright than when it was new out of the box (but still usable), one a customer dropped (not the fault of the unit itself) and the last one had the up button fail so the brightness could not be adjusted.

 

We find are finding that like most optics, if something was wrong from the factory, they fail very quickly (within a thousand rounds). Once they make it past that point, they are usually good. With that being said, the failure rate is extremely low. My own personal unit has about 40,000 rounds on it out of my 9 major open gun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the prompt response, it is helpful.

Knowing that you guys aren't afraid to show up and communicate via forum means a lot. It's much more open than direct email and its stays with group forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, recoilchamp said:

Will it fit on the M&P CORE?

 

You are talking about a dovetail mount or installing on a plate that came with the gun? If someone makes an aftermarket dovetail mount that allows an RTS-2 to fit, then yes it should install no problem. As far as plates that came with guns, I am not aware of any manufacturer that supplied plates that work with an RTS-2.


For optics ready guns where the slide is machined specifically for an optic, I am not aware of any factory gun that that would come ready to mount an RTS-2 or the Alpha 3. Please note that the Alpha 3 is longer than an RTS-2 (just like the Sig Max) so a recessed slide mount would require machine work by a qualified gunsmith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These finally arrived and we will be shipping all back orders early next week and then new orders after that. If you want one, you can order online at our web site :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 8:23 AM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

 

You are talking about a dovetail mount or installing on a plate that came with the gun? If someone makes an aftermarket dovetail mount that allows an RTS-2 to fit, then yes it should install no problem. As far as plates that came with guns, I am not aware of any manufacturer that supplied plates that work with an RTS-2.


For optics ready guns where the slide is machined specifically for an optic, I am not aware of any factory gun that that would come ready to mount an RTS-2 or the Alpha 3. Please note that the Alpha 3 is longer than an RTS-2 (just like the Sig Max) so a recessed slide mount would require machine work by a qualified gunsmith.

I was talking about with a plate. Looks like C-More makes one for the RTS-2 on the M&P CORE, but it's unclear to me if it'd fit the longer length of the Alpha 3:

https://cmore.com/Item/MT-500 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the plate puts the optic flush on top of the slide, then it shouldn't make any difference if the optic is a little longer as the optic just sticks a littler further forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to be clear on your warranty for the Alpha 3.

It looks like there are no refunds regardless of the condition, packaging, seals, etc. The only option if returning a new unit is a store credit less 20%. Is this correct?

My other question involves the glass. If the glass cracks for whatever reason, there is no warranty at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BillR1 said:

I just wanted to be clear on your warranty for the Alpha 3.

It looks like there are no refunds regardless of the condition, packaging, seals, etc. The only option if returning a new unit is a store credit less 20%. Is this correct?

My other question involves the glass. If the glass cracks for whatever reason, there is no warranty at all?

 

Curious myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do not offer refunds on any product that has been installed. If you wish to return a new/uninstalled product, you can contact us and we work to address your concerns.

 

The glass is not covered under warranty. It is a very high quality glass and is extremely unlike to crack unless dropped or impacted by a richochet or debris. There is no way we could cover glass breakage under warranty and maintain our current price level which is considerably less than our main competitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 6:20 PM, FTP_Shooting_Sports said:

 

So you just joined BE forums and your first post is to criticize our product which you have never tried nor experienced our warranty process? I am sure there is no ulterior motive there at all! Good luck in the shooting sports. 



 

 

LOL, FTP Shooting Sports, (Phil ?)  I don’t venture into the BE forums enough though I should.  I will say Phil @ FTP has been a great help to me in my search in a solid built, feature rich quality RDS. 

Should I say Aye, or Cheers.😉

Edited by Gooz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gooz said:

 

LOL, FTP Shooting Sports, (Phil ?)  I don’t venture into the BE forums enough though I should.  I will say Phil @ FTP has been a great help to me in my search in a solid built, feature rich quality RDS. 

Should I say Aye, or Cheers.😉

 

The Internet is full of trolls which is why a lot of companies don't post. We try to provide the best service possible and answer questions but encourage people to email us directly if you want a quick response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will these work on an X5 legion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...