Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing shroud on delta point pro

jeremy kemlo

My only concern is that I fully expect any DPP to break at some point within 10-15,000 rounds and I am concerned with Leupold not honoring their warranty if they found any sign of tampering. I don't know for sure what they will or will not do, but I know for sure it is only a matter of time before I have to send yet another one back for repairs.

2 hours ago, YVK said:

My only concern is that I fully expect any DPP to break at some point within 10-15,000 rounds and I am concerned with Leupold not honoring their warranty if they found any sign of tampering. I don't know for sure what they will or will not do, but I know for sure it is only a matter of time before I have to send yet another one back for repairs.

Is that what the data is showing for a dpp 10-15k of life?

3 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

I have a CZ shadow 2 with a delta point Pro  I am not planning on dropping my gun or hitting it against anything so would there be any other reason to not remove the metal shroud on the site? 

Do you need that .4oz to make weight?

I plan to drop mine either but I rather have it then not it’s not that cheap of a dot.  Im waiting for my S2 slide to get back as well milled for dpp,  but I plan to run some light weight lok palm wells 

1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

Do you need that .4oz to make weight?

I plan to drop mine either but I rather have it then not it’s not that cheap of a dot.  Im waiting for my S2 slide to get back as well milled for dpp,  but I plan to run some light weight lok palm wells 

It was milled  by CZ custom. So it just  makes weight. Thought it might have a slightly better sight picture

7 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

It was milled  by CZ custom. So it just  makes weight. Thought it might have a slightly better sight picture

You'll make weight with it on there, providing you don't have real heavy grips.  It's cheap insurance to leave on there.

If you're seeing the shroud while you're shooting, you're lookin at the wrong things. 

11 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

Is that what the data is showing for a dpp 10-15k of life?

My experience, and experience of a number of my shooting mates, suggests even less, actually. My first unit broke twice, at 3 and 5K respectively. #2 and #3 are doing ok, both under 5K so far. I am aware of some units going between 10 and 20K but I don't know of any DPP owner whom I know personally and who hasn't broken a DPP.

Edited by YVK

15 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

I have a CZ shadow 2 with a delta point Pro  I am not planning on dropping my gun or hitting it against anything so would there be any other reason to not remove the metal shroud on the site? 

I don't think I have ever met a shooter that planned on dropping their gun... 😉

On 3/22/2019 at 9:46 AM, ChuckS said:

I don't think I have ever met a shooter that planned on dropping their gun... 😉

I didnt plan on it, but i dropped my S2 with a DPP this weekend... FML... luckily, there was no damage to anything. I was shocked.

2 minutes ago, shakin_bakin said:

I didnt plan on it, but i dropped my S2 with a DPP this weekend... FML... luckily, there was no damage to anything. I was shocked.

Dang glad nothing happean.

my son shot a match and banged the s2 slide on a barricade, it hurt me in the inside but the slide is ok.

2 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

Dang glad nothing happean.

my son shot a match and banged the s2 slide on a barricade, it hurt me in the inside but the slide is ok.

yea... hurt my ego and my insides pretty bad. especially since its only at 500 rounds... and its first match... but all in all, it was fine. I did make me feel better I had that shroud on there. But to be fair... I took the shroud off and it looks to be protected just as good as my viper, and my viper is at something like 12,000 rounds and still going strong.

3 minutes ago, shakin_bakin said:

yea... hurt my ego and my insides pretty bad. especially since its only at 500 rounds... and its first match... but all in all, it was fine. I did make me feel better I had that shroud on there. But to be fair... I took the shroud off and it looks to be protected just as good as my viper, and my viper is at something like 12,000 rounds and still going strong.

Those vipers are a beast huh?

how the brightness on the viper on a bright sunny day.

I ended up going with a ddp and I’ve read that they only last 10-12k,  but I don’t how solid that information is

Viper has been awesome. And is SUPER bright. But, since its a bottom mount battery, I don't like that. So I switched to the DPP. I like the venom, but the window is a little funky for me. Nothing I couldn't get used to I just preferred to not get used to it. If you shoot a lot of competitions. Make sure you have a back up DPP in the bag.

I've heard anywhere from 3-6K is common. Uncommon to get more than 10K rounds before they break.

32 minutes ago, shakin_bakin said:

Viper has been awesome. And is SUPER bright. But, since its a bottom mount battery, I don't like that. So I switched to the DPP. I like the venom, but the window is a little funky for me. Nothing I couldn't get used to I just preferred to not get used to it. If you shoot a lot of competitions. Make sure you have a back up DPP in the bag.

I've heard anywhere from 3-6K is common. Uncommon to get more than 10K rounds before they break.

That is ridiculous now I have to get another one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I’m a little confused. Have my DPP mounted on an AOS plate and about to break the 10K mark and never has my DPP failed me other than battery life twice (Preparation issue - left to the courses without spares). I’ve ran it through two Centrifuge (VCQB/Instructor, 2 Day) and a LECTC 1/2. Well.. we aren’t exactly safe queens with our primary or secondaries. My G19rds took beatings, water, mud, dirt, Etc. I was planning on snagging another one or go the Acro route.