Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
TimBoettcher

Vihtavuori N330

Recommended Posts

So I had a friend talk me into trying some VV N330 for Bianchi/Steel loads. I picked a 1# container up at a local mom and pop gun shop and absolutely loved it, accuracy and feel. So I bought 2-4# containers and noticed the new stuff is a lighter color than the first one I bought. I also noticed the container labels are different too. Anyone ran across this? Suggestions?

831FB3E0-7EA0-4018-81E9-2598CE39918A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The container on the right is in real old packaging... check the packaging date on the back. I don't think that you should be too worried, load up the old stuff first and you should be good for the range this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago VihtaVuori was going to stop making powder and as they were shutting down their plants Nammo/Lapua stepped in and bought the powder business.  when they started making powder again under new management the packaging changed.  Some say that the powder is just,  slightly different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the same!

N330 is my exclusive 9mm powder! Go for it and be happy!  N330 was designed as "THE" 9mm powder I first started using it in 2000 and have used it ever since. MY go to load is 3.5grs under a 147gr bullet. If I could still afford it, I would still be using the Remington match 147gr fp.

You will be happy with the performance you get out of N330. Good luck and happy shooting!

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ghost21 said:

It is the same!

N330 is my exclusive 9mm powder! Go for it and be happy!  N330 was designed as "THE" 9mm powder I first started using it in 2000 and have used it ever since. MY go to load is 3.5grs under a 147gr bullet. If I could still afford it, I would still be using the Remington match 147gr fp.

You will be happy with the performance you get out of N330. Good luck and happy shooting!

Jeff

 

Ive tried several different bullets weights, the most accurate by far is the 115 HP.....

 

Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N330 is the bomb, for sure. Years ago when I was getting  into  reloading 9mm I got my hands one some to work up some loads and fell in love. Problem was when I went to make a big order you couldn’t find the stuff. I’ve since gone on to use several other powders, including N320, which while excellent, isn’t as good as N330 IMHO. 

 

I haven’t shot much NRA Action Pistol stuff but from the little I know about it, lighter bullets driven pretty fast do tend to give the best accuracy results. When I was messing around with it I was shooting 124/125gr jhp at around 140-145pf to get the kind of accuracy I was looking for. I was told by someone with more experience in that game that I should try 115gr bullets, but I didn’t mess around with it long enough to give them a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BillGarlandJr said:

N330 is the bomb, for sure. Years ago when I was getting  into  reloading 9mm I got my hands one some to work up some loads and fell in love. Problem was when I went to make a big order you couldn’t find the stuff. I’ve since gone on to use several other powders, including N320, which while excellent, isn’t as good as N330 IMHO. 

 

I haven’t shot much NRA Action Pistol stuff but from the little I know about it, lighter bullets driven pretty fast do tend to give the best accuracy results. When I was messing around with it I was shooting 124/125gr jhp at around 140-145pf to get the kind of accuracy I was looking for. I was told by someone with more experience in that game that I should try 115gr bullets, but I didn’t mess around with it long enough to give them a try.

 

I'm getting excellent results with the N330... 50 yards sandbagged I'm getting a little over an inch (1.120") with a 115 Montana Gold HP and a hair under an inch (.950") with 115 XTP's... Load data is 115 MG JHP 5.4gr N330 @ 1.150" 

Edited by TimBoettcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimBoettcher said:

 

I'm getting excellent results with the N330... 50 yards sandbagged I'm getting a little over an inch (1.120") with a 115 Montana Gold HP and a hair under an inch (.950") with 115 XTP's... Load data is 115 MG JHP 5.4gr N330 @ 1.150" 

Tim what kind of pistol are you shooting to get that group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just built it, it’s a 9mm open gun.... I like the STI one piece barrel and comp but it’s very finicky powder wise as to accuracy

C323A8DB-676E-4878-8EB9-D7D8616F9983.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimBoettcher said:

I just built it, it’s a 9mm open gun.... I like the STI one piece barrel and comp but it’s very finicky powder wise as to accuracy

C323A8DB-676E-4878-8EB9-D7D8616F9983.jpeg

Very nice looks like some fun .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its happy reloading now, Just score 4 lbs. of N330. I  know it higher than any other powder I use, But its been  while since I've had the good stuff!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...