Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate vs Parrot

kwelhand

I'm in the market for Czechmate or Czechmate Parrot pistol.

I don't see any difference other than Parrot only comes with 1 barrel and bunch of anodized color parts (also metal trigger).

It's a lot of money and wondering which one I should get and why.... any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, regor said:

The parrot is just a special edition of the Czechmate. No mechanical difference, just more colorful and more expensive. 

Oh I see... I couldn’t find much info on the net so I appreciate it!

Get the czechmate. It comes with two barrels. Then f you still want a parrot after you bought it, just buy the corresponding colored parts from armory craft. This way, you’ll have a parrot with two barrels 😝.

They are the same gun. Only difference is the anodized grips, mag well, mag base plates, slide racker, and the hammer on the Parrot is the CZ low profile competition hammer.  I have both a Czechmate and  Parrot.  My Parrot came with 2 barrels as well so I am not sure if they are now only shipping with one barrel (I got my Parrot a year or so ago).  As stated above you can get the anodized grips, mag well, trigger, slide racker, etc. from Armory Craft if you want them for a Czechmate.  Both are good guns and run well with very minor tweaking needed.  Also if you shop around a bit you should be able to find a Parrot for about the same price as the Czechmate.  Armory Craft gets them in from time to time and Milos is a good guy to deal with.

• 1 month later...