Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing LRBHO FM9 with Taccom upper HELP!

Trying to add Taccom extreme feed upper to fm9 lower.  The activator on LRBHO comes in contact with feed ramp on barrel.  Fm9 has video where LRBHO is removed by just pulling it off with no tools.  You just pull on bolt release button.  This isn't working for me.  I've emailed foxtrot mike but was hoping someone here could help.  Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, it doesn't.  I spoke to FM on the phone.  If you pull back on the bolt release button to raise up the bolt stop and then look at the bolt stop from the right side of the gun, you will see a hole with a small set screw.  I'm told that there is actually 2 screws, one on top of the other, as one locks in the other?  They said once screws are removed I should be able to remove LRBHO.  One other problem.  Screw is loctited and can strip if forced.  They suggested heating bolt stop with torch to soften loctited.  I'm not excited about taking torch to my lower.  I tried holding a hot soldering iron to bolt lock but no luck.  I'm deciding if I want to try the torch.  Plan B is the dremil with cutting wheel.

Hey guys.....on the extreme feed barrel, you can go in there on the left side on the bottom side of the ramp and clear that out for the bho. You will still have a ramp.
I think I'd rather cut the lrbho than cut into this beautiful new barrel!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Same here, I went with plan B.  Took 2 minutes.  

I'm assuming once you cut it in half the bottom part doesn't come out? Spent an hour or so trying to break the screw loose in the bolt catch tonight. Seems like the cutting will happen tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

We’re y’all able to get the Super Feed to work with the FM9 billet lower??

I had all sorts of issues. 

1) LRBHO in the way. This was the easiest to solve. Heated the bolt catch, got the stacked set screws removed. Got the LRBHO out of there. 

2) With LRBHO removed, I was able to get the upper/lower together (with out the bolt)

3) The ejector on the FM9 was sitting about 0.02” proud and would not let the upper/lower mate with the ESSB in place. Ground a bit off the ejector... got it together. 

4) Mags wouldn’t seat! After doing all that work... I found the combination of the FM9 with its slight forward relocation of the magazine and the SuperFeed ramp caused the front edge of the Glock mag tube to hit the bottom of the ramp! 

If I wiggle the mag just right (away from the ramp) it can seat... but obviously that’s not practical. 

I’m not married to the FM9 (whole point of the build was to try out the Taccom ESSB + delayed recoil system). So I’ll grab a PSA or NFA lower to try with their conventional mag placement. 

Its a shame. Love everything else about the FM9. 

421F28CA-4742-47AF-8FD2-C984BBDC1218.jpeg

Edited by Dirty_J
20 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

4) Mags wouldn’t seat! After doing all that work... I found the combination of the FM9 with its slight forward relocation of the magazine and the SuperFeed ramp caused the front edge of the Glock mag tube to hit the bottom of the ramp! 

I had the same issue with my 13/16 Taccom barrel and FM9 lower.

I simply filed the feed ramp to shorten it and mags seat fine (I still have to smack it in or open the bolt to seat 40-50 rounds loaded mags). HOWEVER, it still scratches the front of the magazine lip a bit. Most of my mags now has a dent in the plastic or even naked metal due to plastic falling off when it hits the feed ramp.

Edited by hwansikcjswo
2 hours ago, hwansikcjswo said:

I had the same issue with my 13/16 Taccom barrel and FM9 lower.

I simply filed the feed ramp to shorten it and mags seat fine (I still have to smack it in or open the bolt to seat 40-50 rounds loaded mags). HOWEVER, it still scratches the front of the magazine lip a bit. Most of my mags now has a dent in the plastic or even naked metal due to plastic falling off when it hits the feed ramp.

Happy to hear it worked out for you. Slamming a big stick is always a challenge on virtually any lower. Downloading to reduce the spring compression is ready the only reason one would use a 50rd mag for USPSA. Load it only to 40-45 for an unloaded start. 

I’m not too keen on grinding on the ramp. Will try a new lower first. Might swing back around to it later if the substitute lower has any issues. 

I’m pretty locked in on my MPX.. at least through Nationals. Will play around with a blowback gun (again) over the summer. Wanting to experiment a bit with various recoil systems - that’s the purpose of this build. 

Edited by Dirty_J