Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IFG/Tanfoglio Defiant Stock Master & Limited Master Pistols

@Yagi the Stock 3 has a bull barrel.

The Stock 2 has a cone-fit (bull) barrel.

The Stock 2’s lockup system is superior to everything else when it comes to accuracy, including the vaunted Accu bushings in the CZ.

Along with a preference for less weight out front, that’s why you see a dozen Stock 2’s for every Stock 3 at matches.

(This all comes down to hair splitting. I ran a Stock 3, liked it’s balance, and all three guns described above are all hideously accurate. More than enough to perform well in USPSA.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Per Joe at PD the Defiant Limited Master has a target cone bull barrel like the stock 2 and limited custom guns. I ordered one today but will be end of January (probably) before I have the gun in hand. 

Now comes the wait. Tick-tick-tick. 

3 hours ago, Yagi said:

It says

"These new guns are for USPSA Production. They are Stock 3 length  with a 4.75" bull barrel.   Limited quantities so get them while you can!"

https://patriotdefense.com/tanfoglio-defiant-stock-master-ifg/

Are they not Bull Barrel?

Wonder how long it will take to get enough made to qualify for the production gun list?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These new guns are indeed the Bull Barrel, or Cone Target Barrel as Tanfoglio calls it. I've always liked the way these guns feel and handle so i was a fan boy from the start. You can expect pretty much the same machine finish from what was previous imported by EAA. However i've seen slightly lighter and smoother DA numbers and the SA seems to be a little less take up as well. Over all, i think this could easily de-thrown the Stock II as the sought after Tanfo state side. 

The hard chrome was a pleasant surprise to the model they showed at SHOT SHOW last year with the standard bluing or wander finish like the Stock III. Plus they just look awesome, and those new grips of ours are AWESOME!

Defiant.JPG

These new guns are indeed the Bull Barrel, or Cone Target Barrel as Tanfoglio calls it. I've always liked the way these guns feel and handle so i was a fan boy from the start. You can expect pretty much the same machine finish from what was previous imported by EAA. However i've seen slightly lighter and smoother DA numbers and the SA seems to be a little less take up as well. Over all, i think this could easily de-thrown the Stock II as the sought after Tanfo state side. 

The hard chrome was a pleasant surprise to the model they showed at SHOT SHOW last year with the standard bluing or wander finish like the Stock III. Plus they just look awesome, and those new grips of ours are AWESOME!

Defiant.JPG.2e7255bdfe91fb06e37028f0c8b92055.JPG
If you guys are able to import just the slides, I would love to take two. More if I decide to go carry optics, lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

If you guys are able to import just the slides, I would love to take two. More if I decide to go carry optics, lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Slides are really hard to get a hold of.... we've had 6 or so on order from EAA for more than a year now. They seem to only get a very limited number in if any at all as or recent. Fear not, something is in the works. 

slide.JPG

On 1/12/2020 at 7:56 AM, ahfox32 said:

Has anyone received a stock or limited master and will share their in hands review?

Just tore mine apart, polishing, waiting on few more parts. I'll know more once i get everything together and shoot. Who knows, i could of gotten lucky but the quality control on this one is better than the couple stock 2 pistols i have. Checkering is done well. Better sights. Slide to frame fitment is great. Barrel to slide fitment/lock up is very tight. Inside of frame has minimal tooling marks/imperfections.