Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Czgunsalot

Training with BLUE gun at a gym.

Recommended Posts

My son wants to get into USPSA which I’m fired up about.  So what I want to work on with him is:

foot work

movement

entering 

exiting 

We have already been daily dry firing.

Our gym that we go to have a big open area with some fake grass.  So I thought about getting a Blue gun shadow 2 and brining his belt into the gym and set up some cones and have him run some drills.

Wanted to see people’s thoughts?  Have you guys done this before or it’s not a good idea? 

The gym isn’t really busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

My son wants to get into USPSA which I’m fired up about.  So what I want to work on with him is:

foot work

movement

entering 

exiting 

We have already been daily dry firing.

Our gym that we go to have a big open area with some fake grass.  So I thought about getting a Blue gun shadow 2 and brining his belt into the gym and set up some cones and have him run some drills.

Wanted to see people’s thoughts?  Have you guys done this before or it’s not a good idea? 

The gym isn’t really busy.

Did you ask the gym? I would have to make a guess and say they won't be crazy about it. And if they do go along I'll bet some snowflake customer complains and they change their mind. Do they have raquetball courts? Reserve one and do it in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup, ask the gym and tell them your kid is training to be a cop :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beta1759 said:

yup, ask the gym and tell them your kid is training to be a cop :)

 

I like that lol

 

yeah I’ll ask the gym manager.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In today's climate, I would think the only two places I would feel comfortable

 

practicing any gun sport, would be :

 

1.  the privacy of my own home, with no way for people outside to see me in the home

 

or

 

2.  a shooting range.

 

I know, you said it's a Blue Gun - people have been shot to death displaying guns that are all

different colors - even have the little red cap on the muzzle.

 

 

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Just use a 5lb dumbbell, and grip it like a gun.

 

1 minute ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

In today's climate, I would think the only two places I would feel comfortable

 

practicing any gun sport, would be :

 

1.  the privacy of my own home, with no way for people outside to see me in the home

 

or

 

2.  a shooting range.

 

I know, you said it's a Blue Gun - people have been shot to death displaying guns that are all

different colors - even have the little red cap on the muzzle.

 

 

Thanks guys 

yeah 5lb dumbbell seems like the best solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work on his grip at home. He can do 100% of those drills with his hands up.

 

A CoC gripper would work (grip strength vs. shoulder strength) while doing the drill or holding a 5 lb plate between his hands (activates pecs/chest as well as shoulders)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

Work on his grip at home. He can do 100% of those drills with his hands up.

 

A CoC gripper would work (grip strength vs. shoulder strength) while doing the drill or holding a 5 lb plate between his hands (activates pecs/chest as well as shoulders)

Yeah, already got him working with some grippers.  

Coc are amazing btw 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the others. As for building grip strength, most weight training will do that. Especially things like pull-ups and dead lifts. Farmer carries are real good as well. Basically any exercise that requires you to carry a heavy load. Avoid using straps or other grip aides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a piece of blue plastic.  Go do it.  Who cares what others think?

 

If the gym has a s#!t fit, go do it in a public park.  You know, the ones you pay for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, elguapo said:

It's a piece of blue plastic.  Go do it.  Who cares what others think?

 

If the gym has a s#!t fit, go do it in a public park.  You know, the ones you pay for?

People have been killed in parks by police when wielding fake guns. I wouldn’t do that just to make a statement that I paid for the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know someone who trains at a gym with a fake gun designed to replicate the grip on his actual gun while also being clearly nonfunctional. I think it even has an optic and a dry fireable trigger. That said, I’m pretty sure he discussed it with the owner of the gym first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DKorn said:

I know someone who trains at a gym with a fake gun designed to replicate the grip on his actual gun while also being clearly nonfunctional. I think it even has an optic and a dry fireable trigger. That said, I’m pretty sure he discussed it with the owner of the gym first. 

I’m definitely talk to the gym manager.  Also apply everyone’s idea for home training 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sarge said:

People have been killed in parks by police when wielding fake guns. I wouldn’t do that just to make a statement that I paid for the park. 

 

Context matters.  A thug wannabe pulling a fake gun, that is nearly indistiguishable from the real thing, on people at a park is not the same thing as what's being discussed here.

 

In any case you do you......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, elguapo said:

 

A thug pulling a fake gun, nearly indistiguishable from the real thing, at a park is not the same as what's being discussed here.

 

There was a big issue in the news, recently, of a young kid with a plastic (It turned out) rifle IN a PARK.

 

Cops were called, and on video, the police car barely stopped moving when one of the

officers in the car shot and killed the kid with a plastic rifle.  No time for discussion.

 

When I take my Kevlar off, I stop "shooting" in parks.     :eatdrink:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Cops were called, and on video, the police car barely stopped moving when one of the

officers in the car shot and killed the kid with a plastic rifle.  No time for discussion.

 

the full version of what happened with a very realistic looking handgun makes the cop’s decision seem slightly more reasonable:

 

 

I hadn’t heard of this one until now. Too bad the guy calling 911 told the operator three times the gun might be fake, and they never bothered to relay that information to the guys in the squad car.

 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

There was a big issue in the news, recently, of a young kid with a plastic (It turned out) rifle IN a PARK.

 

Cops were called, and on video, the police car barely stopped moving when one of the

officers in the car shot and killed the kid with a plastic rifle.  No time for discussion.

 

When I take my Kevlar off, I stop "shooting" in parks.     :eatdrink:

 

 

 

If you're talking about Cleveland, there's a hell of a lot more to it than what you imply and that situation has nothing in common to what I'm talking about.

Edited by elguapo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully understand.

 

You still feel confident "shooting" in parks.

 

I don't.

 

Feel free.     😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...