Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Sig X5?

Brider

Looking for some input on a Sig X5 holster that I can use for IDPA. I usually go with a Blade-Tech Classic but they don't offer it yet, just the Signature. I have a Signature for a different handgun and it is ok for $35 but looking for something of better construction.  I saw Comp-Tac has one, but haven't liked what I saw of their holsters.  Would like a Red Hill but they don't offer a wide belt loop attachment just that War Lok which I asked is more of the range set-up and flops around.

What is everyone else using? 

Would be great if it worked for IDPA and USPSA in case shoot both.

Thanks in advance.  

I've been running the Blade-Tech Signature on a Boss hanger for my p320 x5 for the past few months.  I think it's great for the price.  Very solid and durable with great adjustable retention.  Several guys at my club use the Signature for their Glocks with no complaints.  

Edited by sb85

On 3/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, sb85 said:

I've been running the Blade-Tech Signature on a Boss hanger for my p320 x5 for the past few months.  I think it's great for the price.  Very solid and durable with great adjustable retention.  Several guys at my club use the Signature for their Glocks with no complaints.  

Can you use the boss in IDPA?

16 minutes ago, AWLAZS said:

Can you use the boss in IDPA?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that just now.  I don't think so.  I had my USPSA with a boss hanger but the drop is too low and too far off the body I thought. 

4 hours ago, BillR1 said:

Red Hill Tactical makes the best competition holsters for the X5!

Would agree for USPSA but I think only their tight and tick series would work for IDPA and the belt attachments seem limited.  Do you have one you use for IDPA?  Would love to see the set-up.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Brider said:

Would agree for USPSA but I think only their tight and tick series would work for IDPA and the belt attachments seem limited.  Do you have one you use for IDPA?  Would love to see the set-up.

Thanks. 

They will add a paddle attachment to their holster.

18 hours ago, Brider said:

Thanks. 

I use their standard competition holsters with the TeckLock-style mount. It works perfect for IDPA. I've passed equipment check at Nationals.

3 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

I use their standard competition holsters with the TeckLock-style mount. It works perfect for IDPA. I've passed equipment check at Nationals.

That's good to know.  Would be nice to use the standard holster so if I switch to USPSA matches I can toss a drop hanger on it and I'm good to go. Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Brider said:

That's good to know.  Would be nice to use the standard holster so if I switch to USPSA matches I can toss a drop hanger on it and I'm good to go. Thanks! 

Yep, that's exactly what I do! You can also use the paddle mount from a CompTac on the RHT holster.

Edited by BillR1

7 hours ago, BillR1 said:

What mount do you use? 

So I grabbed a Comptac from Amazon and it showed up today. Very nice set-up.  I usually don't like paddles but this one seems ok,  the belt loop set-up is nice I like it better then the Blade-Tech ASR.  I will probably order a RHT as well since it take awhile but might use the BOSS hanger instead of the RHT one.    

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, Sawdustnsteel said:

In production can you use the x5 with the magwell it came with? I’m debating going to idpa matches after I move and currently have my x5 set for carry optics In uspsa.

In Production in USPSA you can not use the magwell. In SSP in IDPA you can not use the magwell.

IDPA also has CO, but with a box to fit and 10rounds. So why not just shoot CO in both and just change mags and holsters?