Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland QLS or ELS for handgun holsters?

minnesota1

I want to set up a belt for 3 gun around the ELS system.  I can't seem to find holsters that will work with the ELS system (or at least most don't seem to know).  Would the safariland QLS system work on the holster section so I can take it on and off if I want to?  I'm just confused on it.  Please point me and educate me in the right direction. 

Thanks.

You will probably want to mount the QLS/ELS fork on the topside of a holster hanger and attach the pistol holster to the bottom of the hanger. Most of the holster hangers are made to attach all the mainstream holsters made. There are a few different holster hangers available so do some searching. 

52 minutes ago, minnesota1 said:

I want to set up a belt for 3 gun around the ELS system.  I can't seem to find holsters that will work with the ELS system (or at least most don't seem to know).  Would the safariland QLS system work on the holster section so I can take it on and off if I want to?  I'm just confused on it.  Please point me and educate me in the right direction. 

Thanks.

The QLS is meant for holsters.  ELS is for other items.  Yes, QLS will work for holsters. 

Example picture:  QLS receiver plate mounted to belt, Invictus Practical holster hanger mounted to QLS hook/adapter/whatever it is called, Safariland GLS holster mounted to holster hanger.  Can remove it from belt as needed.  Then, there are ELS receiver plates mounted all around the belt for mag pouches, shell caddies, etc.

If you didn't want a holster hanger, the QLS would mount right to the holster, but you'll most likely want a hanger for easier draw.

20170524_082017.jpg

Edited by AustinWolv

39 minutes ago, AustinWolv said:

The QLS is meant for holsters.  ELS is for other items.  Yes, QLS will work for holsters. 

I have run my pistol holster on the same ELS mount for over 3 years without a single issue. The advantage of using the ELS mount for your pistol holster is when you run an all shotgun stage you can attach shell caddies where your pistol was. 

I run a QLS for now, but several of the guys I shoot with run a variety of holsters using ELS for the same reason mentioned above. It gives you more freedom to move parts and pieces of your rig to fit a stage.

39 minutes ago, bwikel said:

I have run my pistol holster on the same ELS mount for over 3 years without a single issue. The advantage of using the ELS mount for your pistol holster is when you run an all shotgun stage you can attach shell caddies where your pistol was. 

Ok.  Doesn't change the fact that QLS is meant for holsters and ELS is meant for other items.  Others have run holsters on ELS also; it's been done and not new.  

Having shot some of the longest SG stages out there (RM3G with 40+ shell round count), haven't ever been hindered by not having shells where the holster would go.  If that was a concern, one could throw an ELS on a QLS though and still have the retention/safety margin of having a QLS on a holster.  Depends on your loading style, but quad-loading weakhand with the SG trapped against your side and SG angled down for smoothest, unrestricted movement blocks the grab of shells at the holster position anyway.  In order to get to them, have to pull your shoulder up, adding more movements.

Furthermore, depending on the holster choice, only two screws of the ELS will line up with it, thus not having a spaced-out mounting pattern and allowing the holster to flop around more.

Blade-Tec is what u seek. Tim Wegner has all his gear holes punched to fit Safariland.

my self and 4 of my people run  Blade-Tec. (maybe more, dont see them much) takes time to set up a tactical rig. many more things than  on a competition rig.  we have tried most everything. alway's stick with  B/T.   Safariland  main frame so to speak.

i  have shot  a lot of 3 gun all over s. east. from   the  old  Carolina Tac,starting in 96/97 with the 1st .  to Ft Benning.

then just built a 3-gun rig.  used stuff in ware house. works fine as i member" after 30 or so 3 guns.  last 20 yrs or so,till i was injured. never was a big time shooter. just liked testing gear, meeting good folk, playing with all the toys.

good luck

jjw

Edited by jjw