Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
be032

CZ P-07/P-09/75D/Tactical decockers in production

I saw lots of bickering, and not really a final verdict, so I figured I'd ask the people who are actually running the pistol...

Has any RO asked you to (or DQ'd you for not) lower the hammer into the FULLY down position, or is using the decocker to start in a half cocked position deemed acceptable?

it's technically not half-cocked. Appendix D4, Special Conditions item 1:

A hammer is considered to be in the "hammer down" position when the hammer is placed there by pulling the trigger while manually lowering the hammer (manually decocking) OR by activating the decocking lever if present. (emphasis mine)

Any RO who asks you to lower it fully down needs to go back and read the rulebook.

Posted (edited)

I have had a RO tell me to lower the hammer when making ready instead of using the de-cocker. I told him he was wrong. 

If a gun has a de-cocker you can use it when making ready.  If the DA gun doesn't have a de-cocker then you have to have the hammer fully forward at make ready. When the course of fire is complete and you show clear then you have to have the hammer fully forward regardless of if you have a de-cocker or not.

I e-mailed Troy about this and he confirmed all of that and sent me the rulings/interpretations. 

Edited by BJB

Anytime a RO tells you something your not sure of ask him to show you the rule.

Posted (edited)

Had one give me s#!t about disqualifying me for easing my hammer down after the stage to preserve my firing pin retaining pin. I have the slide held open, you can see there is no mag or round in the chamber. He was my first stage and set the mood for the whole match. It was a p09 with safeties installed.

Edited by Joedirt199

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Joedirt199 said:

Had one give me s#!t about disqualifying me for easing my hammer down after the stage to preserve my firing pin retaining pin. I have the slide held open, you can see there is no mag or round in the chamber. He was my first stage and set the mood for the whole match. It was a p09 with safeties installed.

Not sure about the DQ part, but the rule is hammer down. You must pull the trigger to drop hammer. That is a rule.

8.3.7.1 is the rule.

the dq would come under 10.6.1

Edited by rooster
Looked up rule #

De-cocker is fine for make ready.  I've never had an RO make me lower the hammer by hand.  After the stage, I'm pretty sure you have to pull the trigger.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, Joedirt199 said:

You're in violation of 8.3.7.1.  I'm not sure what penalty you could be assessed but I would have made you do ULSC over until you did it right.