Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2019 USPSA Area 3 --any wheels?

We all know Area 3 stages are highly challenging for 8-shooters, but Sam and I are tentatively planning to shoot revolvers at Grand Island this year.  I see only one other brave wheelgunner signed up right now.  Anybody else willing to take up the challenge?  

Ok, I’m still pretty much a newb with revolver, but if people who know how to shoot wheel guns are willing to show me how it’s done, I’m game.  Is there going to be a squad for  revolvers? I’d be good with either Friday or Saturday/Sunday 

Edited by 1911Prof

• 3 weeks later...

At this point, with only three wheels signed up (including Sam and me), we will probably be switching divisions.  Area 3 tends to be a pretty tough match to shoot with a revo, so I guess I'm not all that disappointed.  

I am the third signed up, and will switch too if there aren’t enough. I’m actually planning on shooting limited this year, but was willing to take one for the team and run the revo at area 3 to get it recognized for someone else.

Personal plans keep me from doing any overnight matches.  Planning on the wife driving me to and back from the ICORE Regional in Columbia 3 hours away.

Now I am signed up at the Kansas Free State USPSA Regional in Revolver, for now.

It’s no knock against anyone who is not going. We all have busy lives and it is understandable that fielding a full roster is difficult given the smaller denominator compared to other divisions. Just unfortunate, that’s all. This is especially true for a relative newcomer to the sport who missed the glory days of revo participation. Then again, innovation has given us new opportunities.