Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Discount Code

Just to follow up on this, if any member is cruising the forum looking for help with JP parts, options, troubleshooting a build or the rifle builder feel free to PM me your questions. Team JP guys are around for much more than to toss out discount codes. We actually do enjoy sharing what we have learned about the sport with others. 

Aside from that role many folks here actually do believe in helping answer questions and sharing knowledge. I know I personally read and benefit from the advice of guys like Kurt M, Cha-lee and other regular contributors here for years. 

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Just to follow up on this, if any member is cruising the forum looking for help with JP parts, options, troubleshooting a build or the rifle builder feel free to PM me your questions. Team JP guys are around for much more than to toss out discount codes. We actually do enjoy sharing what we have learned about the sport with others. 

Aside from that role many folks here actually do believe in helping answer questions and sharing knowledge. I know I personally read and benefit from the advice of guys like Kurt M, Cha-lee and other regular contributors here for years. 

You are a big reason I now own two JPs.

10 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Will a 2.5" compensator pin and welded to a JP 14.5" barrel meet regulation length? Thanks

9 hours ago, Fo0 said:

Will a 2.5" compensator pin and welded to a JP 14.5" barrel meet regulation length? Thanks

You're going to need to check that the old way. I know all of JP's 9mm comps are good to go but I can't speak to a part I haven't touched. 

18 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

You are a big reason I now own two JPs.

Happy to spread the love ❤️ , hope you are enjoying them as much as I enjoy mine! 🍻

20 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Thoughts on the short stroke system vs the stock buffer? I have a GMR-15 thinking about the short stroke system.

38 minutes ago, RocketRyan said:

Thoughts on the short stroke system vs the stock buffer? I have a GMR-15 thinking about the short stroke system.

I love the various short stroke SCS's in every barrel length and comp / can setup I tested. If you're looking for a recommendation JPSCS2-9SS-5H2 would be my all purpose suggestion. There's some advantages to either 5 stainless (Steel Challenge bias) or 5 tungsten (Soft Recoil) if you want to go down that rabbit hole but in general the 2 tungsten, 3 stainless is an ideal middle ground. JPSCS2-9SS-4/5K will convert the standard 9mm to a short stroke. 

The nice thing about all the SCS systems is they all function 100% so you really can just pick the one you prefer and run it. 

• 6 months later...

Which magwell would you recommend for a GMR-15 build for USPSA?  I currently have a rifle on order and specified the TF Fattie magwell option.  However, a friend of mine told me the Techwell option is superior.  Any advice welcome.  Thanks in advance.

It has been rock solid through two USPSA seasons and hours of dry fire reload practice.  It is a very tight and fits perfectly.  I did have the same concern as you though and did put a very small spot of JBWeld at the very back of  it.  Don't really know if it is necessary but I have had zero problems with it and love size and how it helps with very quick reloads.  I have no horse in this just actual experience.  

I too use the Titan Rocket. Mine will move about 1/8" but it does not affect reloads at all.

I'll try that JB Weld trick.

ETA Oh yeah, it's half the price of the others and has my name (or what you want) engraved on it too.

Edited by egd5