Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F/C/S - US vs Czech mfg?

be032

Any feedback thusfar on the quality of goods coming out of the Kansas City facility?

Not to put them down or anything, but I rarely trust any new pistol (ahem Sig P365) or new iteration of a pistol (ahem Glock gen4).

Given the total lack of optics plates, I'm considering getting a Czech made P10-F and just getting it milled? Seems like it's about a $80 price differential on average, so you wouldn't be out too much extra cash.

Any feedback thusfar on the quality of goods coming out of the Kansas City facility?

Not to put them down or anything, but I rarely trust any new pistol (ahem Sig P365) or new iteration of a pistol (ahem Glock gen4).

Given the total lack of optics plates, I'm considering getting a Czech made P10-F and just getting it milled? Seems like it's about a $80 price differential on average, so you wouldn't be out too much extra cash.

Why not use the P-10C?

You no longer need sight radius...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you mill the slide, don’t you need to coat the slide to keep the freshly exposed raw steel from rusting?  That adds cost also. 

I understand and your point about a new product. To be fair to the USA made pistols, hasn’t the Czech Republic been building and selling them so they are not “brand new”?

1) If the Czech made pistols have had time in the real world, they’ve had time to manifest design and manufacturing problems. I have not heard of any, but I do not know everything 😉 .  

2) As a Manufacturing Guy, I would hope the KC folks learned from the Czechs who have been previously making them. (They may or may not have.) 

KSGunGuy has a new YouTube video out about his Czech P10F. It sounds like a good pistol. 

The CZ-USA P10F's seem good to me.  I don't have a ton of rounds through mine (maybe 800), but no problems yet.

I got my optic plates from czcustom and they are working great so far.  They might be out of plates at the moment, but I think they are making more all the time.  I did the email notification and ordered right away.