Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW TACCOM 9MM PCC

Just finished my new Taccom upper/Quarter Circle lower PCC … took it to the range today.. shot it 100 rds . .. cleaned it every 10 rounds as recommended by Tim at Taccom…   IT RAN 100%

picture below...

TACCOM 9MM PCC.jpg

8 minutes ago, goldfish said:

Just curious.  Why clean it every 10 rounds? Can't do that in a match. 

Sounds like a barrel break in process, there are plenty of opinions if it is actually effective or not.  

20 minutes ago, goldfish said:

it was recommended by Tim at Taccom.. I surmise its a break in procedure & checking for any problems before hand ...

2 hours ago, goldfish said:

Just something we say to do for break in.......comes from my Bench rest days......now, I slap the barrel on (it's 9mm!!!) and shoot the crap out of it!!! Mmmmmmight clean it at the end of the season....HAHAHAHAHA. But I'm the manufacturer......don't you do that!!!

6 hours ago, Mark Meyers said:

Did you put in the taccom buffer system also?  Curious how it felt

yes.. I did use the Taccom 3 stage buffer system...I only shot it about 140 rounds thus far using 4.2gr TiteGroup with 124gr bullet... I found it a bit snappy but the dot barely moved .. I plan to take my chrono to the range later this week with different loads to see if I can fine tune buffer system, cartridge load & bullet  to the gun....  I also have a Blitzkrieg buffer & .308 spring I want to try..  the quest continues..

11 minutes ago, cecil said:

yes.. I did use the Taccom 3 stage buffer system...I only shot it about 140 rounds thus far using 4.2gr TiteGroup with 124gr bullet... I found it a bit snappy but the dot barely moved .. I plan to take my chrono to the range later this week with different loads to see if I can fine tune buffer system, cartridge load & bullet  to the gun....  I also have a Blitzkrieg buffer & .308 spring I want to try..  the quest continues..

Congrats on the new rifle!

What made you go to 4.2gr of Titegroup? seems like thats on the high end but I'm new to the reloading aspect.

5 hours ago, cecil said:

OK thanks.  I'd be very interested in your final conclusions.  Please keep us updated.

3 hours ago, busdriver said:

4.2 seems high to me too. I load 4.0 with a 124.  Makes 153 pf with the pcc (16” Taccom barrel) and 133 pf with a 1911.

His barrel is 5.5” so he will get closer to your 1911 numbers. I’m thinking a tad over 1200fps

Cecil build looks good 

I plan to chrono this weekend  our local range has  law enforcement training sessions all this week...no civilians are allowed to use the range... will post my findings on the Blitzkrieg & Taccom recoil systems with reduced powder loads as soon as I can gain access to the range... 

I'm curious as the the findings also. Just got my 14.5" extreme feed complete upper and the FM billet lower will be in tomorrow. I chose to go Blitzkrieg HD Buffer and both recommended springs to find out which works best. Hiperfire 24c trigger will be on the way shortly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mdriskell said:

I'm curious as the the findings also. Just got my 14.5" extreme feed complete upper and the FM billet lower will be in tomorrow. I chose to go Blitzkrieg HD Buffer and both recommended springs to find out which works best. Hiperfire 24c trigger will be on the way shortly.

I just switched from the rifle to carbine spring using blitz ss shaved to .99” and 5015hd 139 pf 115gr I’m able to stay alpha at 25 yards with a .16 split consistently. Rifle spring pushes me into mid 20 range. At 7 yards I can stay alpha at .12-.14 with carbine. 

11 hours ago, Bwillis said:

I just switched from the rifle to carbine spring using blitz ss shaved to .99” and 5015hd 139 pf 115gr I’m able to stay alpha at 25 yards with a .16 split consistently. Rifle spring pushes me into mid 20 range. At 7 yards I can stay alpha at .12-.14 with carbine. 

Are you using 308 or 223 springs ?

On 3/20/2019 at 2:44 PM, mdriskell said:

A word of warning.  You will have to remove the activator for LRBHO as it hits part of the feed ramp on barrel