Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

Any of you fellas on here looking for some solid, quality, and versatile shooting bags checkout Precision Underground Rifle Gear.  Mr. Peacock makes some great products.  Mods if not allowed please delete, just posted the link to the webpage.  

 

I’m in no way affiliated with this company commercially or by way of commission.  Just a repeat customer with excellent results, and thought I’d share the wealth over here on this forum.  PURG is a paid commercial supporter over on Snipers Hide.

 

If you guys have any questions about the products feel free to ask.  Thanks!

 

https://precisionundergroundriflegear.com/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we just plugging our buddies bag companies? I have 2 buddies that make great bags too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delfuego said:

Are we just plugging our buddies bag companies? I have 2 buddies that make great bags too.

Lol it would appear that way.  However, I don’t actually know Mr. Peacock just a loyal customer.  He makes some great stuff, I would post some pictures for you, but havn not figured out why my images are all too big yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true it is old it but this is about options. This wasn't about so much brands since the article  lists different companies.  It's about educating someone  on whats out there and explains different types of bags and their use. But thanks for the comment. Thats the purpose of a forum to share ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sparten8654 said:

Very true it is old it but this is about options. This wasn't about so much brands since the article  lists different companies.  It's about educating someone  on whats out there and explains different types of bags and their use. But thanks for the comment. Thats the purpose of a forum to share ideas.

That is very true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is not one heavy-fill bag on that list. Most serious competitors are running at least one heavy bag. None of the most popular bags were even on that 2015 list. 

Gamechanger (or mini)

Tactical Udder

SAP Solo Bag

Fortune Cookie (or mini)

 

Posting a link to "What The Pros Use" is lazy. Most people asking for advice are not "Pros" nor do they need the latest-greatest pro gear. It doesn't help the average shooter get started. Starting precision shooters need sound simple advice and first hand experience. They don't need to spend lots of money, unless it's on powder and bullets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Delfuego said:

There is not one heavy-fill bag on that list. Most serious competitors are running at least one heavy bag. None of the most popular bags were even on that 2015 list. 

Gamechanger (or mini)

Tactical Udder

SAP Solo Bag

Fortune Cookie (or mini)

 

Posting a link to "What The Pros Use" is lazy. Most people asking for advice are not "Pros" nor do they need the latest-greatest pro gear. It doesn't help the average shooter get started. Starting precision shooters need sound simple advice and first hand experience. They don't need to spend lots of money, unless it's on powder and bullets.

Also very true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true Delfuego:  But the amount of time you spend critiquing  other people you could have wrote  about heavy bags and their use, or the numerous other bags you mentioned and how they work from your first -hand experience. A description of what they do, not just a name would greatly help out the inexperienced shooter. A example: The fortune cookie is used when shooting over barricades to protect your rifle and create a stable surface.Keep in mind this just one of many uses of the fortune cookie.  

 

 My apologizes to the group for giving outdated information I'll be lazy and include  "what the pros use in 2019", keep in mind they are sponsored, they get the stuff free and get to check out many different types of bags equipment and rifles . The advantage of seeing what the pros use, is  trends on what can work and what doesn't. The best way to figure out what bags you need is go to matches, Dryfire with barricades, borrow bags and see their use first hand, otherwise you might buy a bunch of bags and figure out what doesn't work for you. This will leave you penniless  with gear that do not fit your style.

 

Any thing to add Delfuego since this forum is designed to help people not troll.

 

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/02/24/best-shooting-bag/

 

Here is the newest article about bags, bags have changed since 2015 but not the employment. Use the article as a reference as why pros use that particular style of bag or brand .  The way to save money is make your own bags such as the old standby of using a sock with a filler such as dried beans, sand, or any other lightweight  filler in a waterproof bag, let out the air in the bag and a simple knot at the end produces a sock bag. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sparten8654 couldn’t agree with you more on this one.  This is exactly why I don’t shoot PRS and probably never will.  Too much critical criticism and not enough coaching.  Every PRS shooter I’ve encountered is the same damn way.  Maybe I’ve just had s#!t luck.  Never had a single issue in the action shooting sports (I don’t count PRS in that).  Maybe one day I’ll take my long range skills to a match, but I seriously doubt it with the crowd I’ve been exposed to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got me all figured out. The drama with PRS shooting is primarily people on the internet. Just show up at a match and people will give you the shirt off their back (or a bag or tripod) no questions asked. 

 

2 hours ago, DaleGribble82 said:

This is exactly why I don’t shoot PRS and probably never will.  Too much critical criticism and not enough coaching.  Every PRS shooter I’ve encountered is the same damn way.  

Whole lotta excuses right there. You should hop on over to typer's hide and join in the shitshow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Delfuego said:

You got me all figured out. The drama with PRS shooting is primarily people on the internet. Just show up at a match and people will give you the shirt off their back (or a bag or tripod) no questions asked. 

 

Whole lotta excuses right there. You should hop on over to typer's hide and join in the shitshow

Looks like one excuse to me.  I’ll take your word for it being jackasses on the Internet.  That seems like a reasonable explanation.  I’m sure you are right about that.  Probably just a bunch of clowns that don’t even go to matches just punching keys at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...