Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC TS Base Pad Help

2planks

Need guidance with some CZC base pads I recently purchased.

These base pads are exceptionally tight when I install them. So tight that one requires a rubber mallet to get it completely seated and the other 2 require at least some tapping to get them on. I've measured the width of the magazine tube wings(?) and the width of the corresponding groove in the base pad. The base pads are at least a 10th of an mm narrower than the magazine tube. The super tight base pad is 2 10ths narrower. I am unable to get this one on and off without some sort of help.

I thought that if put them on and off a number of times they would start to loosen up but after a few dozen times on and off it doesn't seem to improve the process.

Any suggestions on how to improve this interface? Do I take a little material off the wings of these mags to allow the base pads to go on easier? I'm not a mechanical or machining genius so I don't see an easy (garage achievable) way to increase the lateral width of the grooves in the base pads. 

22 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

You're not trying to put a CZ 75 basepad on a Tactical sport mag are you?  My CZC basepads (for TS/TSO) slide on/off very easily.

The same thought occurred to me as well. I have an SP-01 and I tried these base pads on the one of the mags for that pistol. The base pad was too wide so I'm confident these are meant for TS mags. Was hoping someone else may have experienced the same issue and would share their solution.

My CZC basepads when on and off OK, brand new today. Now if the L shaped bracket that acts as a floor/retaining plate were easier to deal with when it came time to clean mags during a match....

I had the same issue with my CZC bases. I took some fine sandpaper to the edges and bases of the mag "wings". This let me get them on and off without a mallet and now, after some additional use, they are easy to install/remove.

• 2 months later...

What I found is that in addition to trimming the wings on the mag the L shaped bracket allows the magazine spring to pop up and get wedged in with the L bracket causing it to lock up when the base pad is pushed all the way back.

Even if you manage to install it without that happening, when you push the L bracket in the spring pops up around it. It's worse on mags when the springs don't stay straight and get twisted. I just got this tac sport  but these mags are a pain. I had to use a rubber mallet also

Any solutions or better base extendions? They might work better if the L brackets were bigger.

All of my CZC basepads silde on/off easily, no mallet needed.  Try borrowing a basepad from someone to determine if it's the basepad that is out of spec or the mag tube.  If it's the basepad, I'd send it back to CZC, they will make it right.