Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-15 or Sig MPX PCC final considerations

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, expensive adventure though... apart from the guns, optics I also need a new safe 🙂

but I never felt luckier ! I have 2 top rifles soon and a new challenge! so looking forward to it

feel 16 again 🙂

regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I personally had a PWS 9mm with a JP SSCS and had all kinds of issues with the JP gear. Not to mention that it kicks like a mule in comparison.  Only shot a JP a little but the recoil to me still felt like a AR and hard hit. The MPX is soft and smooth.   Moved to the MPX PCC and it is amazing. Just run factory loads and you are golden. I personally don’t think cleaning is any harder since you don’t have to combat the SSCS or a  buffer tube. Just my opinion.  

I can tell you in the states that my old PCC is still sitting on the wall to sell for over a month now. Already lowered price twice and if it finally sells I will lose around $500. Don’t seem to hold value well over here.  Hope it is different across the pond.  

Good luck and have fun. 

I have the JP and would strongly recommend it.  One thing to think about is the availability of service parts for the MPX, SIG has not always been the best when it comes to parts availability and where you are limited on how many guns you can have, you don't want to have one sitting in the safe because you are waiting for parts.

Yeah. My biggest challenge is parts (except getting TTI and `precision stuff into Europe).. You guys are lucky! Don't forget. I travel to USA (SF and LA) this holidays.. Guess what? They don't even sell to Europeans... grrr...

```````whatever, update you when rifles arrive , sig should be first in weeks...

5 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Yeah. My biggest challenge is parts (except getting TTI and `precision stuff into Europe).. You guys are lucky! Don't forget. I travel to USA (SF and LA) this holidays.. Guess what? They don't even sell to Europeans... grrr...

```````whatever, update you when rifles arrive , sig should be first in weeks...

Drive to AZ

14 hours ago, Shadow said:

Another thought is to google "Sig MPX problem"  and "JP GMR-15 Problem"  and consider the results.

And then google sales numbers for each.... and then consider how many casual plinkers running all sorts of suppressor and ammo combos are using JP-15's (short answer: very few)

23 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

And then google sales numbers for each.... and then consider how many casual plinkers running all sorts of suppressor and ammo combos are using JP-15's (short answer: very few)

Or just go through the posts on this forum (PCC) and read the problems members have experienced with each (MPX vs GMR-15).  To each his own. 🙂

I've been shooting the SIG MPX for 3 years - first, the MPX Carbine, and now I also have a MPX PCC which is my backup.  I've tried a few GMR-15's and have never been remotely motivated to switch - but I'll admit the JP's are purdy.  

Both of my PCCs are equipped with aftermarket parts from both In Lead We Trust and Isler Custom Gun Works (both are sponsors).  For a trigger, I run the Hyperfire Competition (haven't changed the trigger out in the MPX PCC, which is quite good).  Yes, do keep it clean - but both carbines have been extremely reliable for me.  

FY7A9550-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.JPG

Edited by RolexJohn
On 4/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, RolexJohn said:

I've been shooting the SIG MPX for 3 years - first, the MPX Carbine, and now I also have a MPX PCC which is my backup.  I've tried a few GMR-15's and have never been remotely motivated to switch - but I'll admit the JP's are purdy.  

Both of my PCCs are equipped with aftermarket parts from both In Lead We Trust and Isler Custom Gun Works (both are sponsors).  For a trigger, I run the Hyperfire Competition (haven't changed the trigger out in the MPX PCC, which is quite good).  Yes, do keep it clean - but both carbines have been extremely reliable for me.  

FY7A9550-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.JPG

John, how long should the Isler hand guard be for the new 16" MPX PCC? I am going to US on holiday and want to buy one... Just wanna be sure 🙂

21 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

John, how long should the Isler hand guard be for the new 16" MPX PCC? I am going to US on holiday and want to buy one... Just wanna be sure 🙂

It's really a matter of personal preference.  The one below on my MPX PCC is a 15", but Mark Isler says some guys do order it in 13.5" - it's all about the look you prefer:

FY7A9535-Edit-Edit.JPG

Edited by RolexJohn
1 hour ago, RolexJohn said:

It's really a matter of personal preference.  The one below on my MPX PCC is a 15", but Mark Isler says some guys do order it in 13.5" - it's all about the look you prefer:

FY7A9535-Edit-Edit.JPG

15 it should be 🙂 I was afraid that with 15  part of the comp would be covered ..... This is great! Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've owned several AR-15s in 9mm as well as every version of the MPX - Gen 1, 2, 3, and now the 'latest' Gen 3.  After running both platforms for a while, I've settled on the latest Gen 3.  Sig keeps refining it so it actually runs for the competition world with reloads and not just factory.  The latest version has a modified gas/pistol block which has been 100% reliable so far; I've had issues with all previous versions.  I think the Sig shoots nicer in my opinion, but the AR platform can be taken pretty far and will definitely not hold anyone back.  

For reference, on this latest MPX, I run 115 coated (different brands) with 4.0gn of N320 at 1.11 for a 135PF or so - very soft feel with fast dot return.

after my first MPX had reliability problems (with factory ammo) I sold it, it still has (many ) problems

after a year I couldn't resist and bought another one... within few hundred rounds again problems, sold it back to LGS and now he has the problems 🙂

I swear by my JP and with 115's factory, a blitz HD + weight and 308 spring it is all ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a blowback style with all the brekke customs stuff and criterion barrel so very comparable to the JP and the newest model MPX and I have shot the JP and even the newest model not released had a chance to shoot.  

to me blow back guns all feel pretty similar the MPX is considerably softer I can shoot faster splits and move and shoot easier in matches.   

if I would have shot one before I got the blow back on I would have never bought it.  I like my blowback gun it runs great but the MPX seems like cheating after using it lol.