Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 147 bullets

chetc

i have been using the SNS 9mm 147 fp bullets, having good luck with them in my Canik TP9SFX, i see acme has the 147 fp also, much more reasonable, has anyone made any comparison with these bullets.

chet

+1 for Acme 147gr FP.  Have not tried SNS, so not a direct comparison.  I can tell you Acme bullets are consistent and coating holds up.  I recently ordered a small batch of another vendor (lots of color options) and their sizing was significantly different than advertised and their coating had flaked off just in shipping.

Lots of people I shoot with use SNS and I’m sure they are great bullets.  For me, Acme gets the job done at a lower price.

Haven't used SNS in 9mm.

Have used Galant and Blue Bullets, both have a pretty consistent well adhered coating (blues don't leave Smurf fingers anymore), shoot well enough.

I tried a numerous loads with 4 different coated147s never found great accuracy.

20 minutes ago, usmc90 said:

But have you made a head to head comparison?

To be honest I haven't shot them all head to head, but I have shot SNS, Bayou, ACME, and Dg bullets at some given point in time. Now saying that, they all are very similar and I couldn't honestly say that one is any better then the other, they have all had issues at some point. I am going to say that Dg bullets does a awsome job on the finish of their bullets. I have ran their 115 grain 9mm in major guns with a 175 power factor with no issues. I have not tried this with the others so I can't say on them.

8 hours ago, chetc said:

i did go to the dg bullet website, i cannot see where he specifies bullet dia.

chet

Dg bullets 9mm are all .356 or .358. He is in the works for a .357 sizing die. You may have to email him to find out how to get customized sizing. I lucked out because I know Dave (the owner) personally, and we shoot together so just call him and tell him to bring 5k 145 in.357 to the next match.