Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hogue grips

odjoe

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gomar83 said:

How are the wood grips with felt recoil versus the rubber big butts?

to me the recoil is the same (both have exposed metal back strap) for me the big difference is the rubber grips without finger grooves are way too small. wood grips without finger grooves are only a little too small. also you can get the wood ones checkered and that helps the grip too

On 4/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, MikeyScuba said:

I picked this up last Sunday.

I really like wood and don’t find it hard to shoot at all.

2D9F034B-5526-4402-B07A-33E03F7EF6B8.jpeg

Those are like... Sir Mixalot BIG butt Big Butts. Custom?

Edited by matteekay

11 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

Yes Custom 

Darn. Was wondering why I couldn't find them on the Hogue site. Which wood did you spec? Is it available stock without the ICORE logo?

You can email Hogue and ask.  I ordered my 1st pair at the IRC using sizing from a grip at the Hogue table.  However MWP got me gripping the gun high so trying a grip that is not on the gun isn’t a good idea.  I had to grind down the grooves I ordered with it as they were in the wrong place using the high grip.  That grip is good but left me with 3/8+ of space at the bottom. So I emailed Jill @ Houge and had Pat make me a smaller one.  They did not have the same wood as the 1st grip and gave me 2 choices.  I must say the orange Lamo looks awesome.  $200 and a few months.

Pat can put any logo you want on the grip.  He was nice enough to make it in time to take it with him to the NW Regionals for me to pick up last week.  And then my wife orders a 2nd one for her new 929 from Dave O.  Pat is a great guy and supporter of ICORE.

1 minute ago, MikeyScuba said:

And Pat had a big butt grip with a clear epoxy butt with a loaded moonclip inside the epoxy at the Hogue table after the match. Wouldn’t be able to fly with that on the gun lol.  Wish I took a pic.  

Ha! He could call it the DQ grip for those who want a very short match...

On 4/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, Gomar83 said:

How are the wood grips with felt recoil versus the rubber big butts?

went from Pachmayrs too theses ,working real well so far

• 1 month later...

Thumbs up to Hogue.  I really didn't want to go to short or medium colt rounds so I called them to see if they could relieve some wood on my Big Butt grip to help with the 38sp moon clips getting hung up when I ejected them.  They said that they do it all the time and no problem.  One week turn around, no charge.  And they look awesome.  It should also take care of the blister that I usually get at the base of my thumb after 200+ rounds of shooting.

hogue 1.jpg

hogue 2.jpg

On 4/8/2019 at 3:25 PM, MikeyScuba said:

You can email Hogue and ask.  I ordered my 1st pair at the IRC using sizing from a grip at the Hogue table.  However MWP got me gripping the gun high so trying a grip that is not on the gun isn’t a good idea.  I had to grind down the grooves I ordered with it as they were in the wrong place using the high grip.  That grip is good but left me with 3/8+ of space at the bottom. So I emailed Jill @ Houge and had Pat make me a smaller one.  They did not have the same wood as the 1st grip and gave me 2 choices.  I must say the orange Lamo looks awesome.  $200 and a few months.

Pat can put any logo you want on the grip.  He was nice enough to make it in time to take it with him to the NW Regionals for me to pick up last week.  And then my wife orders a 2nd one for her new 929 from Dave O.  Pat is a great guy and supporter of ICORE.

How’s that high grip working out for you?

27 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

Great! Just going to have to re-adjust when I get my new tricked out 929 from Dave so no more spur- I couldn't bring myself to grind down the one on my existing 929

Mike, just replace it with an Apex or TK hammer.

Sounds sooooo easy. Being up here means a lack of parts and guys to put them in (correctly) should you even get the parts to begin with.  The job we had on our current guns we found out was s**t when a spring broke on her gun.