Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feature request - topic posts emoticon reactions

nasty618

Hi admin team

Are there any plans to add ability to use emoticons as reactions to posts, similar to other social media platforms?  

Use case scenario: someone replies to a thread that you're reading or following and you just want to say "thanks" or simply agree/disagree with the points made, but dont want to make another inane "i agree/you suck" or "Thank you" post.

Thanks in advance

58 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

Hi admin team

Are there any plans to add ability to use emoticons as reactions to posts, similar to other social media platforms?  

Use case scenario: someone replies to a thread that you're reading or following and you just want to say "thanks" or simply agree/disagree with the points made, but dont want to make another inane "i agree/you suck" or "Thank you" post.

Thanks in advance

😂

1 minute ago, GrumpyOne said:

😂

Exactly!  Could have been just a "usuck" click :) 

Seriously though - i dont know what that reply means coming from the site official... perhaps you're referring to some previous attempts to make it happen that were shut down?  I dont know - havent been reading any of the Forum Tech Support areas 

3 hours ago, nasty618 said:

Exactly!  Could have been just a "usuck" click :) 

Seriously though - i dont know what that reply means coming from the site official... perhaps you're referring to some previous attempts to make it happen that were shut down?  I dont know - havent been reading any of the Forum Tech Support areas 

See this post. It pretty much does what you are asking.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/272640-feature-request-topic-posts-emoticon-reactions/?do=findComment&comment=3036535

2 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

. It pretty much does what you are asking.

Sorry, but it's not though... it's actually exactly what i would aim to avoid with this feature request.  What i am asking for a like/dislike button underneath a post that allows participants to show their preference on the topic without having to post a one word or one emoji reply that only adds to clutter.

Looking through the Admin Control Panel, I don't see an 'enhancement' or plug-in that gives that functionality in this version of the software.

Whether it ever existed, or will in the future, I can't say.

16 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Looking through the Admin Control Panel, I don't see an 'enhancement' or plug-in that gives that functionality in this version of the software.

like.jpg

30 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Apparently there are some built in features in the current software version that may accomplish this:  https://invisioncommunity.com/features/engagement/

The built-in reactions system allows users to share how they feel about content they read, whether it's funny, sad or useful. It's fully customizable, so you can add reactions that best suit your community's vibe. Plus, reactions tie neatly into Invision Community's reputation system

• 1 month later...