Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Superpipe9

Holosun 507c vs DeltaPoint pro

Has anyone gotten any real experience side by side with these 2 optics? I want to use one on a carry optics gun. Specifically the cz P10f OR. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

I've had a DPP and currently have the 507.  The DPP has a larger window, but dot brightness is similar.  The 507 is very tough based on the testing I have seen.   The circle dot can be nice to have.  Battery life is practically forever.  

Purely for competition I think the DPP is better, but for carry I will take the 507. 

1 hour ago, chevrofreak said:

I've had a DPP and currently have the 507.  The DPP has a larger window, but dot brightness is similar.  The 507 is very tough based on the testing I have seen.   The circle dot can be nice to have.  Battery life is practically forever.  

Purely for competition I think the DPP is better, but for carry I will take the 507. 

Thanks for the reply. Is the size difference pretty big or just very minor? Do you like the single dot of the DPP or the reticle of the 507. 

Just now, Superpipe9 said:

Thanks for the reply. Is the size difference pretty big or just very minor? Do you like the single dot of the DPP or the reticle of the 507. 

The DPP is fairly significantly larger.   It is pretty close to being between the 507 and 510 in window size.    I run my 510's and my 507 in dot only on all of the guns that wear them.  I like a single 2MOA dot, personally, but the 507 also has a much smaller ring than the 510 so it is easier to find in the smaller window, and at closer ranges the circle can make it easier to center on the A zone of a metric target. 

Posted (edited)

Have both, prefer the Holosun.  I like the circle dot reticle, it’s easy to pick up even with a bad index.  These are on competition guns, not carry.

Edited by CharlieD

8 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Do any of you guys think the circle dot gets to busy?

It can be, but you can turn the circle off, the dot off, or run both.

The more you use it the more you get used to it.   Not running it brighter than needed helps. 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, chevrofreak said:

Owning both, I second this. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:57 PM, chevrofreak said:

I also own a couple of both. I will second this statement. 

Is the 507 available post-recall?

I've been waiting for one of the big distributors (OpticsPlanet, Brownells, etc) to have them back in stock, hopefully meaning they've burned through the old recalled stuff, but I haven't gotten any notification emails.

Edited by be032

6 hours ago, be032 said:

I've been waiting for one of the big distributors (OpticsPlanet, Brownells, etc) to have them back in stock, hopefully meaning they've burned through the old recalled stuff, but I haven't gotten any notification emails.

Looking on the website now only shows the 507cgr so it’s a green reticle and they are showing a new 508 coming out in a couple months so I think they dropped the normal 507c

20 hours ago, be032 said:

I got my 507 a few months ago after about a three month backorder.  I just ordered one for my soon to be new carry gun (CZ P10C Optics Ready) and it said "extended backorder".