Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Woody3025

TSO as an open gun.

Recommended Posts

I primarily shoot 3 gun, and was contemplating doing some open class shooting. Have always like the look and all the positive feed back about the TSO in the Iron site configuration but not much on shooters using it as an open gun. I like the idea of being able to switch back and forth.  What say y’all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the release by CZCustom of the threaded barrel for the TSO, it makes it a fairly simple endeavor.  About $800 in mount, optic, barrel and comp will get you there.  Magazines will add to the cost if you have a .40 TSO and have to purchase 9mm mags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which barrel on the CZCustom site are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking this gun might not even need the comp,  if it shoots as soft as they say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Woody3025 said:

I was thinking this gun might not even need the comp,  if it shoots as soft as they say. 

Not with major power factor. I tested my major loads for my czechmate on the TSO and it wasn’t soft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Woody3025 said:

I was thinking this gun might not even need the comp,  if it shoots as soft as they say. 

who ? 

they also  say that cz pro shooter shot 150k thru the same barrel in his CM.🤣

for minor loads it's shoots soft.

Edited by yigal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is talking about shooting open/unlimited class for 3-Gun, I believe. 

 

With a good 9mm handload it should be plenty soft for 3-Gun open with no comp needed. Since slide mounted optics also puts you in open in our game, the TSO with the frame mount red dot would have an advantage over the non 2011 pistols you see in open.

 

I shoot my TSO in Tac Ops and have no plans on changing. I do carry a box of factory 124 grn for spinners and stars though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blockader said:

He is talking about shooting open/unlimited class for 3-Gun, I believe. 

 

With a good 9mm handload it should be plenty soft for 3-Gun open with no comp needed. Since slide mounted optics also puts you in open in our game, the TSO with the frame mount red dot would have an advantage over the non 2011 pistols you see in open.

 

I shoot my TSO in Tac Ops and have no plans on changing. I do carry a box of factory 124 grn for spinners and stars though.  

You are correct sir.  Was thinking i could just use the same ammo as when shooting Tac ops just throw the dot on if waning to change it up a bit and shoot open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Woody3025 said:

You are correct sir.  Was thinking i could just use the same ammo as when shooting Tac ops just throw the dot on if waning to change it up a bit and shoot open. 

 

Dammit, now I wanna do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blockader said:

 

Dammit, now I wanna do that. 

I have been goin back and forth on the TSO or a  2011.  I dont have the money to have multiple guns.  I know you could do the same thing with a 2011 but the cost would be more and finding one with both setups and the mags to go with it you could buy two TSO ‘s.  With the new arrivial of the Rock Island VR80 shot gun the ability of getting into open on a dare I say “budget”  are a little more obtainable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or buy a Czechmate. They come with the parts to convert to a iron sight gun, a sight tracker in fact..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...