Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Corn Cob Size?

I attempted to post this last night after not being able to find answers by searching but apparently it did not post.

I need to order more corn cob media. However which size has there been the best results with?

10/14

14/20

20/40

Also the best price I found is zoro.com for $33.78 per 40 lbs free shipping for orders over $50 consequently would have to order two bags but seems to be a great price - $68 for 80 lbs!

Thanks in advance!

IGG

I been using lizard litter which is ground walnut from the pet store and it works good with car wax but it’s pretty fine and it gets in the primer holes have to tumble it a good bit in the media separator to make sure it’s all out. I just ordered some corn cob media from zero.com and I got the 14/20 grit Hope it works good lol.

I use 14/40. It works fine. I bought 50# several years ago, gave half away to friends and still have plenty left. 

Add a little liquid car wax and a used dryer sheet to keep dust down and tumble away. I use the cheap media rotary separator from MidwayUSA to separate media and cases afterward. That works fine, but a little messy, so that must be done in the garage!

• 1 month later...

I've gone exclusively to wet tumbling due to dust and concerns of lead contamination. Before that, I got my corn cob from Grainger down the street for $35 for 40lbs.

https://m.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-Corn-Cob-Blast-Media-2MVR5

I think I still have some left from a few years ago since I never dry tumble anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...