Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 Firing pin/ trigger issue, advice please

VikingGirl929

I need a little help from those who will know.

My 929 just started to have the trigger not fully engage as well as making this odd sound.  Before I take it apart, having no clue as to the issue, does anyone have a thought on what this might be?  I made a video.

Was running perfect before this, has about  2000 rounds through.  Regular, not extended firing pin. 

Thanks in advance!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=zqzaY0XBybw

If I took a swag I'd say the double action hammer sear is slipping off the trigger and not engaging the trigger when pulling the trigger in double action mode....just a guess.  There is a small leaf spring that activates the double action sear.  If that breaks or is damaged it will not engage the sear/trigger.

Edited by 40n45
added another statement

23 minutes ago, 40n45 said:

If I took a swag I'd say the double action hammer sear is slipping off the trigger and not engaging the trigger when pulling the trigger in double action mode....just a guess.  There is a small leaf spring that activates the double action sear.  If that breaks or is damaged it will not engage the sear/trigger.

It's a coil spring not a leaf spring.

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Probably a broken double-action sear spring. Happened to me at least once, maybe twice. lol stop screwing with it and take it apart before something falls out and you lose it.

Hahahahaha 

You know me too well, C. I took it apart and just took a photo,  No messing about.  Dumbass question, but where is it?