Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
avastcosmicarena

Open guns based on the CZ Shadow 2?

Has anyone here made one or have links to any?

I would love to see one with the slide (but not frame) cut back just a little bit + a threaded barrel & island compensator. Something like the STI Omni or the new Atlas Gunworks Erebus. 

That is a beauty, indeed! It doesn't look like they make/sell any based on the Shadow 2 anymore though. Maybe, it didn't work very well compared to their TS/TSO/Czechmate-based open guns?

Edited by avastcosmicarena

2 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

That is a beauty, indeed! It doesn't look like they make/sell any based on the Shadow 2 anymore though. Maybe, it didn't work very well compared to their TS/TSO/Czehcmate-based open guns?

It appears to be a modified Czechmate top end with a custom comp, the trouble is frame is sized to take standard CZ75 mags, so there's no off the shelf 170mm mag for it.

13 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

It appears to be a modified Czechmate top end with a custom comp, the trouble is frame is sized to take standard CZ75 mags, so there's no off the shelf 170mm mag for it.

Not yet anyway.😉

Robin's Frankengun is a TS slide and barrel not a Czechmate. I want the same thing, but I'd keep it DA first shot. 

How easily are you guys with different uppers able to swap back and forth?  Say someone (me haha) wanted to use the same frame but be able to play in production and open later on down the road without having to buy another gun?

Just now, hawaiifivebro said:

How easily are you guys with different uppers able to swap back and forth?  Say someone (me haha) wanted to use the same frame but be able to play in production and open later on down the road without having to buy another gun?

They typically swap fine between CZ 75 guns, but the TS/CM barrels/top ends need some modifications to be used on CZ 75 guns.

33 minutes ago, hawaiifivebro said:

The issue is mounting a optic.

You cant drill holes in the frame to use in production.

Your options are slide mounted which is not ideal or getting some type of mount that would attach to the front rail. Neumount would be your only option for that but the optic sits very high.

5 minutes ago, hawaiifivebro said:

Sounds like I just have another reason to build a gun down the road lol, oh well 🤷‍♂️

By the time you got a upper that would still need to be converted your only a few hundred away from a complete shadow 2. 

If you go the open route the tactical sport is the way to go.

Quite honestly I’ll eventually be looking to put together a limited or c/o gun before I make the jump to open, wish you could load 9 to major in limited tho.

Edited by hawaiifivebro