Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Rolltider11

New Czechmate parrot

That is an amazing gun. Love the grips and what not. I would run it and forget what others think about you being “under skilled” to have that gun. That’s a lot of jealousy most of the time. I have top tier equipment that I spend my hard earned money on not because I’m a top tier shooter by any stretch of the imagination but because I want any and every advantage I can have and I truly believe most of our gear gives just that. An advantage.

This is the ONLY advice I’ll give you.....you BETTER figure out something nice she wants and get it also. Wether that’s a trip, jewelry, a house cleaning service for 6 months or whatever else. Happy wife = happy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, zzt said:

Do NOT buy commercial 9mm major ammo, unless you have talked to the remanufacturer and agree with what they use.  Case in point.  I just tried Everglades ammo new 124gr major ammo and it was a disaster.  The primers flowed, some were pierced, etc., etc.  Some of the comercial reman loaders use CCI primers and HS-6 powder with 124 gr bullets.  If they

won't tell you what they are loading because it is proprietary info, STAY AWAY.

Been using Everglades major 124gr and have had good luck with my parrot...

Here is what they look like fired out of my custom 2011.  The three on the bottom are my reloads using CCI primers.

100_1165.thumb.JPG.c2323d5b97dcef5114efc058ffb2ff94.JPG

7 minutes ago, zzt said:

Here is what they look like fired out of my custom 2011.  The three on the bottom are my reloads using CCI primers.

100_1165.thumb.JPG.c2323d5b97dcef5114efc058ffb2ff94.JPG

That's weird... maybe the Czechmate/Parrot platform has better luck? My primers look nothing like the ones on the top...

2 hours ago, ilovevtac said:

That's weird... maybe the Czechmate/Parrot platform has better luck? My primers look nothing like the ones on the top...

It doesn't have anything to do with the gun.  The primer cup is soft.  So soft it flows even before the primer flattens.  None of those could be considered flattened primers.  It may have just been this batch.  I don't know.  I do know I'll never buy them again, and recommend against them where possible.  That is just inexcusable.

5 hours ago, mattmann said:

That is an amazing gun. Love the grips and what not. I would run it and forget what others think about you being “under skilled” to have that gun. That’s a lot of jealousy most of the time. I have top tier equipment that I spend my hard earned money on not because I’m a top tier shooter by any stretch of the imagination but because I want any and every advantage I can have and I truly believe most of our gear gives just that. An advantage.

This is the ONLY advice I’ll give you.....you BETTER figure out something nice she wants and get it also. Wether that’s a trip, jewelry, a house cleaning service for 6 months or whatever else. Happy wife = happy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!  You are so right.  Our anniversary and my birthday are next week so she got it for me.  I’m pretty sure there’s a diamond ring she’s been looking at that will have to bought before our anniversary!

1. A Tactical Sport (what the Parrot is based on) doesn't fit into IDPA regulations.  Though you can sorta shove it into the IDPA box, the gun is much too heavy.  Your local IDPA Match Director may or may not care about this.

2. In USPSA You cannot do Major with 9mm in Limited division.  That can only be done in open.  Honestly, this will not matter for quite some time.  Grab some factory 9 and get some!

3. DAA Alpha X is highly recommended!

Another vote for the DAA Alpha X, they are great. Just be aware that they have two different model inserts for the Czechmate, one for the standard TS style(thicker) and one for the TSO style(thinner) Czechmate trigger guard. Yours is the standard TS style. The Parrot is a great open gun, it just runs right out of the box.

I’ll just continue to shoot my q5 for idpa and maybe get a shadow 2 later.  Just got the alpha x it’s definitely a very nice holster.  I got the TS Czechmate insert, not the TSO insert and fits very well.

I have a buddy that let me shoot one.  At first I didn’t know what the heck we was talking about never seen or heard of one.  

I did it though

On 3/18/2019 at 8:45 AM, Czgunsalot said:

I have a buddy that let me shoot one.  At first I didn’t know what the heck we was talking about never seen or heard of one.  

I did it though

Yeah it was interesting, I was actually looking at buying a shadow 2 or TSO.  I asked the guy if they had a Czechmate, I just wanted to look at it.  They said they had a Parrot.  I didn’t know that version of the Czechmate existed.  But he brought it out and honestly at first I thought it was just too over the top with the colors.  Well, my wife got it and now I think it’s just beautiful.  But after shooting it it would be hard not to think it’s beautiful.

Posted (edited)

Amazing gun and amazing wife! The whole forum is jealous lol

Edited by hurley326
Typo

Yeah it was interesting, I was actually looking at buying a shadow 2 or TSO.  I asked the guy if they had a Czechmate, I just wanted to look at it.  They said they had a Parrot.  I didn’t know that version of the Czechmate existed.  But he brought it out and honestly at first I thought it was just too over the top with the colors.  Well, my wife got it and now I think it’s just beautiful.  But after shooting it it would be hard not to think it’s beautiful.

I too, thought the Parrot was too much. However, it didn't take long to appreciate it, and now I want one.

.... Well, my wife got it, and now I think it’s just beautiful.  But after shooting it it would be hard not to think it’s beautiful.

So, the lesson is take the wife with me to the gun store. Got it.