Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight picture with loaded handgun

Jlr99

5 minutes ago, Jlr99 said:

What is dry fire?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dry fire is practicing with an unloaded gun. There’s a lot more details available in other sections of the forum, but the short version is that it lets you get in more practice reps without needing to go to the range or use up ammo. 

Dry fire is practicing with an unloaded gun. There’s a lot more details available in other sections of the forum, but the short version is that it lets you get in more practice reps without needing to go to the range or use up ammo. 
Sorry Korn. I was being a smart a$$. I am listening to Steve Anderson's podcast as we speak.

2 hours ago, Jlr99 said:

Sorry Korn. I was being a smart a$$. I am listening to Steve Anderson's podcast as we speak.

Me too!

I always assume that someone is sincere and actually wants help until proven otherwise. 

Sight pictures and dry firing during Make Ready should not be a thing. It  wastes everyone else's time and will get you killed on the street.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] tactitards assemble and activate!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's perfectly legal, to answer the original question and several members of my local club do it.  I am still waiting for the time the gun goes "bang" when they do it while I'm holding the timer, and the odds are on my side.  Granted it hasn't happened in my 34 years with this game but there's always that first time....

As for "Make Ready" procedure, I just load up and holster.  If after this long, I don't know what my sights/dot look like superimposed over a target at whatever distance I'd pull a sight picture on, I should probably just get out.

12 hours ago, gino_aki said:

It's perfectly legal, to answer the original question and several members of my local club do it.  I am still waiting for the time the gun goes "bang" when they do it while I'm holding the timer, and the odds are on my side.  Granted it hasn't happened in my 34 years with this game but there's always that first time....

As for "Make Ready" procedure, I just load up and holster.  If after this long, I don't know what my sights/dot look like superimposed over a target at whatever distance I'd pull a sight picture on, I should probably just get out.

Dammit - you stole my answer :roflol:

13 hours ago, gino_aki said:

image.png.a1323cb2f8c807816f059f618f1f9bb3.png